Martin "Kiddie" Kearns R.I.P

It comes with a heavy heart that we at Metal Obsession are writing this news. Shared shortly ago via Black Conjuration Fest?s Facebook page, in the lead up to British death metal pioneer?s Bolt Thrower?s much anticipated Australian tour ? what would have been the band?s first tour here in 22 years ? comes the tragic news that long-time drummer, Martin ?Kiddie? Kearns, has passed away. He was 38.

Black Conjuration Fest made this announcement, with the band?s statement:

I?m absolutely devastated to share the terrible news that Bolt Thrower?s drummer, Martin ?Kiddie? Kearns has passed away unexpectedly at the age of 38.

Bolt Thrower have issued the following statement;

?With the heaviest of hearts, and still numb from shock, we have to share the very sad news that on Monday 14th September Bolt Thrower lost our powerhouse drummer, Martin ?Kiddie? Kearns.

After the first rehearsal for our upcoming tour of Australia, Kiddie suddenly felt unwell which continued throughout the night, and the next day he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

He was a fantastic Dad, husband, son, friend, but to us he was always ?Kiddie?, the same 17 year old Coventry kid whose drumming style and personality blew us away when he first walked into our rehearsal room 20+ years ago.

Kiddie enriched our lives, and the Bolt Thrower sound. He leaves a massive hole in the lives of everyone who knew him and will be very sorely missed by many.

Karl, Jo, Baz, Gav & the loyal BT crew?

Sadly for us this means cancelling the upcoming Australian tour given these tragic and unforeseen circumstances.

We?d like to thank everyone who has supported the tour in some way, words cannot describe how disappointed we feel for all of you who were so excited to finally see Bolt Thrower perform again on Australian soil.

We?ll be contacting ticket holders for all shows over the next few days about their options for obtaining a refund.

Black Conjuration Fest in Adelaide will go still ahead on the scheduled dates but we appreciate your understanding and support as we figure out how to move forward during this most difficult time.

RIP Martin ?Kiddie? Kearns
07.03.77 ? 14.09.15

Πόσο κρίμα…και πολύ νέος…R.I.P

38??? Τι να πεις