Machine Head - Unto The Locust (2011)

Stockholm εε ? Αντε γαμω !

Αν το άλμπουμ γαμάει τόσο άσχημα όσο το The Blackening τότε πάει ο σβέρκος μας. Και με ένα live από τα μέρη μας θα ψάχνουμε πτέρυγα στο ΚΑΤ.:D:D

[B]01. I Am Hell [/B](Sonata In C#) consisting of three parts I) Sangre Sani (Blood Saint) II) I Am Hell and III) Ashes To The Sky

“I Am Hell”, the opener, is actually a sonata. It’s a song in three parts, and it’s the pyromaniac song that I was talking about. You know, it’s the most brutal song MACHINE HEAD has ever written. It’s got to at least be eight minutes long. So, it starts off with, you know, I’m not going to break down the music too much. I mean it’s still pretty early before the record comes out but it’s a three-part tune.

[B]02. Be Still And Know[/B]

“Be Still And Know”, which is, uh, kind of a few riffs that I threw together that kind of got shelved for a minute, got put away, and got brought back from the dead when I came in one day and those guys were kind of jamming on it. It kind of got some chest compressions, and it got brought back to life. Epic jam. It’s about struggle, and overcoming struggle, and knowing that the light at the end of the tunnel is only there if that light shines inside of you. The title was? Like, my grandmother handed down all of her grandchildren bible verses in all their Easter cards and Christmas cards. She used to sign one to each, and mine was Psalm 46, which is, “Be still, and know that I’m the Lord”. Basically, be steadfast. Know that you will get through, and this shall pass. It kind of fit into the tune and kind of fit into the chorus. I mean, I got it tattooed on my arm around eight years ago. So, it’s been kind of my mantra through my life. So, I’m really stoked that Robb chose to title the song that.

[B]03. Locust[/B]

“Locust”, is a concept I came up with, based on a few people I have encountered in my life, just like everybody has. The type of person that just comes into your life under a different guise, under false pretenses, to befriend you, be your buddy, be your man, be on your team, or, you know, to be your lover or whatever. Their goal is just to soak up all your resources and just to drain you of all you’ve got, whatever you have to offer. Once they’re discovered, they fly off into the next crop and drain that of everything. Yeah, it just feels like hell.
[B]
04. This Is The End[/B]

“This Is The End”, a burner, one of the faster MACHINE HEAD songs ever. (laughs) Robb and David [McClain, drums] got together, and we took a break from everything after touring for three years. We took about a six-month break, got back together, and wrote this song. It’s really fast. Kind of a death metal song, but it’s got the classical sound like a death metal tune. The whole record has kind of neo-classical feel to it. The song, Robb’s going to have to describe the lyrics. It’s basically about people kind of living and not being able to accept present times and moving on to things.

[B]05. The Darkness Within[/B]

“The Darkness Within”, this song is probably the biggest departure of our record, in terms of when we did “Descend The Shades Of Night” on “Through The Ashes”. It’s kind of a ballad, with acoustic guitars. This one I’m going to leave up to something of a surprise. All of my friends that aren’t kind of into metal say, “Damn, is that you guys?” It’s a beautiful, beautiful song. Still heavy, but us growing as musicians. It has my favorite, the best solo I’ve ever done for this band, so far, dripping with emotion. I’ll leave it at that.
[B]
06. Pearls For Swine[/B]

“Pearls For Swine”, which was a song about addiction. It was a song without lyrics really for a while, without a concept. We kind of came up with an idea to write about addicts and addiction, when talking to each other and watching “Breaking Bad” episodes to kind of catch up and start again to see it. (laughs) It’s not a song about hope. It’s just a song about being in the throes of addiction, in its claws, and a lot of my lyrics are in there. So, there’s a lot of descriptive thoughts of addiction. It’s not a song of hope for sure. It’s not “Stairway To Heaven”. It’s not a song of hope for sure.

[B]07. Who We Are[/B]

And the last song is a song called “Who We Are”, which another song that Robb wrote. He and Dave kind of had it before I started writing for the record. I took some time off last year to deal with some personal stuff. This one and the other one I talked about earlier are the two that Robb had already written and brought. You know, he had all this music pouring out of him, and he had to get it out?so. Yeah, I don’t know really how to describe those two, so I’m going to refrain from doing that.

[B]Sonic Excess: [/B]Any tracks that were left on the cutting-room floor that we could potentially see as bonus material, maybe within a year or in a release in Japan or Australia?

[B]Phil Demmel:[/B] We are doing some B-sides and I am not ready to release what those are yet. It’s still kind of early and stuff’s not going out for another few months. But there were a few songs that didn’t make it on the record. I think with these seven tunes, [B][U]we have got about 50 minutes or so[/U][/B]. That’s long enough. (laughs)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160694

ΜΟΝΟ 7 τραγουδια?

γιατι καλε τοσα λιγα?

ε και το προηγούμενο ένα περισσότερο είχε…ασε που λέει οτι έχουν ακόμη 50 λεπτά υλικό…

δεν θα με χαλαγε να περιμενα λιγο περισσοτερο για λιγο παραπανω υλικο
τεσπα θα χορτασουμε και με αυτο
μην ειμαστε και αχαριστοι :stuck_out_tongue:

εγώ θα έλεγα να μην πάρεις την πρώτη έκδοση του δίσκου…:wink:

εγω παιρνω και τις κανονικες εκδοσεις και της εξτρα
αλλωστε θα βγει και θα κατσεις να περιμενεις???=P~

Γιατί η μέση διάρκειά τους θα είναι κάτι περισσότερο από 7 λεπτά. Άντε να γουστάρουμε παιδιά. Αν πιάσει επίπεδα Blackening η μπάντα θα μπει στο πάνθεον των ιερών τεράτων. Το λέω γιατί θεωρώ ότι ο συγκεκριμένος δίσκος είναι αξεπέραστος. Πάντως τα προμηνύματα είναι καλά και στην τελική μίξη όλα θα ακούγονται πιο τούμπανα. Λίγη υπομονή.

παιδια εγω ειμαι σιγουρος οτι το αποτελεσμα θα ναι καλο…αλλα το θεμα δεν ειναι αυτο…το θεμα και το ερωτημα ειναι …θα ερθουν???η θα τον πιουμε για αλλη μια φορα…???

παντως κατι περιοδικα που διαβασα
ελεγε ο φλυν οτι εχουνε γραψει κανα 2 πολυ γρηγορα τραγουδια
και οτι το αντιστοιχο aesthetics of hate του νεου δισκου ειναι πολυ πιο μπρουταλ!!!

για να δουμε…

8Oπόσο πιο μπρουτάλ:?

[SPOILER]άντε να τακούσουμε να γουστάρουμε[/SPOILER]
:):!:

το κομματι στο οποιο αναφερεται ειναι το I am Hell
στο οποιο σχολιαζει σε καποιο σημειο οτι βγαζει τις exodus επιρροες του…

Να και το εξώφυλλο

αντε να δούμε!!! από τους δίσκους που περιμένω περισσότερο!!!

[/SPOILER]

Σαπίλα το εξώφυλλο:p
Άιντε να ακούσουμε και το περιεχόμενο να μας λιώσουν τα μούτρα…

__Μ’ άρεσε πιο πολύ αυτό του single, αυτό είναι λίγο κάπως, αλλά δεν έχει και τόση σημασία, σημασία έχει ότι βγάζουν δείγμα οι Machine και τα σπάει, βγάζουν οι Opeth και τα σπάει, βγάζουν οι Mastodon και τα σπάει…

__Μπορώ να πιστεύω ότι υπάρχουν αξίες ακόμα σ’ αυτόν τον κόσμο!! :smiley: 8) :lol:

__Αναμένουμε με πολύ ενδιαφέρον. 8)

…σαπίλα κιεκεί:):!:

Καιρό έχω να δω τόσο άσχημο εξώφυλλο. [-X

[SPOILER]…και μετά διαμαρτύρεστε για τα εξώφυλλα των επερχόμενων δίσκων των Opeth και των Mastodon.[/SPOILER]

Ας βάλουν και τον Βας Βας εξώφυλλο, αρκεί το περιεχόμενο να είναι αυτό που πρέπει