Memories of Machines (Tim Bowness / Giancarlo Erra project)

Η συνεργασία των Tim Bowness (No-man) και Giancarlo Erra (Nosound), κυκλοφόρησαν τον πρώτο δίσκο του ως Memories of Machines, με τίτλο Warm Winter. Συμμετέχουν πολλοί γνωστοί τους (Steven Wilson, Jim Matheos, Robert Fripp, Colin Edwin, κλπ.).

Αναλυτικότερες πληροφορίες στο press release που ακολουθεί:

[spoiler]Warm Winter is the hugely anticipated debut album by Memories Of Machines, the new project from Tim Bowness (No-Man) and Giancarlo Erra (Nosound).

While drawing on the atmospheric nature of their main bands, MoM carves out a unique space for itself with an emphasis placed on direct song-writing and powerful instrumental arrangements, as much as on mood.

Recorded in the UK, the US, Italy and Sweden, Warm Winter includes stellar guest contributions from the likes of Peter Hammill (Van Der Graaf Generator), Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, No-Man etc), Julianne Regan (All About Eve), Jim Matheos (OSI/Fates Warning) and Huxflux Nettermalm (Paatos).

Offering an ambitious yet accessible combination of epic Art Rock and bittersweet, singer-songwriter intimacy, the album contrasts rich melodies, soaring choruses and stunning guitar solos (Warm Winter, Before We Fall) with ethereal Ambient experiments (Lost And Found In The Digital World), and haunting, narrative-driven songs, such as the highly personal Schoolyard Ghosts.

Shifting from the sweetly delirious optimism of Change Me Once Again and Beautiful Songs You Should Know to the desolate self-reflection of the closing Electronica / Chamber Classical hybrid At The Centre Of It All, Warm Winter is an assured and emotionally cohesive debut that ably highlights the sympathetic musical chemistry between Bowness and Erra.

Memories Of Machines is

Tim Bowness - vocals, guitar on Schoolyard Ghosts
Giancarlo Erra - guitars, keyboards

With:

Michael Bearpark - volume swell guitar on Schoolyard Ghosts
Stephen Bennett - electric piano, synth solo on Schoolyard Ghosts
Andy Booker - drums on Schoolyard Ghosts
Marianne de Chastelaine - cello on Beautiful Songs You Should Know and At The Centre Of It All
Peter Chilvers - bass on Schoolyard Ghosts
Myke Clifford - saxophone on Schoolyard Ghosts
Colin Edwin - double bass on At The Centre Of It All
Robert Fripp - soundscapes on Lost And Found In The Digital World
Peter Hammill - guitars on At The Centre Of It All
Alessandro Luci - bass on Before We Fall, Warm Winter and Change Me Once Again
Paolo Martellacci - keyboards on Before We Fall and Change Me Once Again
Jim Matheos - guitar atmospherics on Something In Our Lives
Huxflux Nettermalm - drums on Before We Fall and Warm Winter
Julianne Regan - backing vocals on Before We Fall and Change Me Once Again
Aleksei Saks - trumpet on Lost And Found In The Digital World
Gabriele Savini - acoustic guitar on Change Me Once Again
Steven Wilson - guitars, keyboards on Lucky You, Lucky Me
Gigi Zito - drums on Change Me Once Again

Recorded and engineered by Giancarlo Erra
Additional recording and engineering by Stephen Bennett and Steven Wilson[/spoiler]

Για όσους αρέσκονται σε πολύ ατμόσφαιρα και κάποιες διάσπαρτες ροκ πινελιές, είμαι σίγουρος ότι θα τους αρέσει ο δίσκος! :wink:

To περίμενα πως και πως να βγει αυτό!Πάω να το βρω να του ρίξω μια πρώτη αυτιά!

Αν είσαι από αυτούς που το περίμεναν πώς και πώς, σου εγγυώμαι ότι δεν θα απογοητευθείς!!! :wink: