Mitch Mitchell R.I.P

JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE DRUMMER MITCH MITCHELL WAS FOUND DEAD IN A PORTLAND HOTEL - Nov. 12, 2008
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108778
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7726024.stm

8O R.I.P … Φευγουν ολοι οι μεγαλοι φετος ρε γαμωτο :frowning:

Παει κι αυτος,πηγε να βρει τ’ αφεντικο να ξανατζαμαρει μαζι του.R.I.P

Αντίο

:frowning:
Περιόδευε μέχρι τώρα με τους “Experience Hendrix”

Είναι η ιδέα μου ή οι Jimi Hendrix Experience έιναι πλέον το μόνο μεγάλο γκρουπ των 60s από το οποίο δεν επιζεί πλέον κανείς;

RIP

κριμα…:(:frowning:
ενας απιστευτος μουσικος μας αφησε…

τουλαχιστον θα βρει τον καλο του φιλο να τζαμαρουν!

R.I.P. :(:frowning:

MITCH MITCHELL Drum Solo Sweden, January 9, 1969.

καλο ταξιδι μαν… :frowning:

:cry:

Yπερμεγεθης μουσικος, ντραμερ ορχηστρα, που απογειωνε τους ρυθμους πανω στους οποιους ζωγραφιζε ο Ενας. Το ατελειωτο γκρουβαρισμα του θα με συνοδευει παντα…

Rest in peace buddy…

Τα χω ξαναπει για τη χρονια αυτη[-X

O Brian May για τον Mitchell:

In 1970, when I was looking for a drummer to form a new band, I put a notice up on the Imperial College Union noticeboard, saying (approximately) “Brilliant Drummer wanted for Heavy Guitar Band - must be able to play like Mitch Mitchell, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon”. A young medical student answered the ad, by the name of Roger Meddows Taylor. He said … “Yes, I can do that - Mitch Mitchell is my greatest influence - we (Bri and Rog) obviously speak the same language”.

Roger and I (and Freddie) went to many shows to see the Jimi Hendrix Experience … the first one I saw was at Brian Epstein’s Saville Theatre in 1967. Jimi was of course mind-blowingly brilliant, but the combination of Jimi’s creativity and Mitch Mitchell’s unique talent for Jazz rhythms spun a magic web. You really could not figure out how they had so much rapport - going through gradual builds in intensity and pace, but also sudden U-turns and changes in rhythm which made it seem like Jimi and the brilliant Mitch were connected by an invisible thread. Mitch was a long way outside the mainstream of what became a whole lineage of Hard Hitting Heavy Rock Drummers - he was fast, intricate and furiously inventive … matching and refuelling Jimi’s unique passion and improvisational skills. We all thought there could be no other drummer who could have kept up.

My favourite bit? The piece near the end of track “Axis Bold As Love” (at the end of the album of the same name); just when you think it’s all over, Mitch starts into a stunning slow-motion tape-phased reprise), and all the way through the introductory fill, he’s already accelerating into the entry of the guitar and bass … so the reprise proper sounds like it has been launched by a rocket.

We loved ya, Mitch. Wish I’d had a bit more chance to let you know.

Brilliant. Wonderful. Magic.

RIP

Bri

r.i.p

φετος ειναι η χρονια που ξεκληριζεται ολη η μουσικη σκηνη μου φαινεται…

Mαθαίνω από τα σχετικά φόρα πως οι Gov’t Mule του αφιέρωσαν την προχθεσινή τοους συναυλία στην Indiana, ο Μatt Abts (drummer) πήρε το μικρόφωνο και μίλησε στο κοινό για την επιρροή του και έπαιξαν μία πολύ καλή διασκευή του If 6 was 9. 8)

Καλά όντως αρκετοί μεγάλοι έφυγαν φέτος.:slight_smile:
Πάντως θα μείνουν ζωντανοί με τις εκτελέσεις τους… :metal:
R.I.P. MITCH… :respect:

Καλό ταξίδι…r.i.p.

R.I.P…Από τους αγαπημένους μου κοπανατζήδες…Πολυ κρίμα…