Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Εν τω μεταξυ, αυτα που κανουν τωρα δεν υπαρχουν. Θυμαστε τα οργια του Gavin στο Hatesong; ε κατι τετοια, φερ ειπειν. Εχουν ‘‘δεσει’’ πολυ περισσοτερο.

Και ο Maitland στα live εκανε καλα οργια που και που αλλα ειναι αλλη φαση drummer… Πιο γηινος και <<φυσικός>>. Εννοειται οτι δεν με χαλει ο Gavin…Δλδ για τον καλυτερο progressive drummer εν ζωη σε αυτον τον τομεα μουσικής 8)

Εμένα αυτο που με ανησυχει ειναι οτι παλι στο site έχουν ανακοινώσει πολλες ημερομηνίες για Ευρώπη(και στις γειτονικες μας χωρες) και σε εμας παλι τπτ. Αν δεν κατσει και δεν τους φέρουμε πάλι θα ειμαστε πολυ λαλάκες! Τι να πω

[SIZE=“4”]DIDIMUSIC.GR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=“3”]ΣΤΕΙΛΤΕ ΤΟΥΣ Ι-ΜΕΙΛ ΝΑ ΤΟΥς ΦΕΡΟΥΝΕ !!!
ΣΤΕΙΛΤΕ ΤΟΥΣ Ι-ΜΕΙΛ ΝΑ ΤΟΥς ΦΕΡΟΥΝΕ !!!
[/SIZE]

To 55λεπτο θα αποτελείται από:

Occam’s Razor 1:55
The Blind House 5:47
Great Expectations 1:26
Kneel and Disconnect 2:03
Drawing the Line 4:43
The Incident 5:20
Your Unpleasant Family 1:48
The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train 2:00
Time Flies 11:40
Degree Zero of Liberty 1:45
Octane Twisted 5:03
The Séance 2:39
Circle of Manias 2:18
I Drive the Hearse 6:41

Πιθανό εξώφυλλο (ελπίζω να μην ισχύει)

Nταξ,δεν λεει πολλα το συγκεκριμενο εξωφυλλο,ελπιζω και γω σε κατι πιο δυνατο…οσο για το κομματι,In Wilson we Trust και αγιος ο Θεος…Παντως,14 τιτλους για το 55λεπτο οκ μου κανει…ναι,πολλοι και με πρωτη ματια ειπα ‘‘ποο,θα ειναι ενας αχταρμας’’,αλλα στο sky moves sideways pt1,που ηταν κανα 20λεπτο,ειχε 4,οπωτε λογικο…

To εξωφυλλο παντως ακολουθεί την αισθητική του Insurgentes.

Listening to: Monkey3 - Je Et Bikkje
via FoxyTunes

Αγαπαμε Wilson…:p8):smiley:

:lol:

Mε βάση το εξώφυλλο, ο δίσκο θα μπορούσε να λέγεται και “Να! Μαλάκα!”

^^ :lol:

Kαι muse και porcupine καινουρια φετος, ποσα να αντεξει κανεις πια :smiley:

@ Mule, χαχαχα :lol:

Κατα τ’ άλλα αντέχουμε, αντέχουμε… 8)

Πέραν αυτού, ο τίτλος όλου του κομματιού, έχω την αίσθηση ότι παραπέμπει κάπου γνωστά :roll:

CD 1: “The Incident”

1. Occam’s Razor (1:55)
  2. The Blind House (5:47)
  3. Great Expectations (1:26)
  4. Kneel and Disconnect (2:03)
  5. Drawing the Line (4:43)
  6. The Incident (5:20)
  7. Your Unpleasant Family (1:48)
  8. The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train (2:00)
  9. Time Flies (11:40)
  10. Degree Zero of Liberty (1:45)
  11. Octane Twisted (5:03)
  12. The Séance (2:39)
  13. Circle of Manias (2:18)
  14. I Drive the Hearse (6:41)

CD 2: Bonus EP

1. Flicker
  2. Bonnie The Cat
  3. Black Dahlia
  4. Remember Me Lover

The Incident is a stunning 55-minute musical statement, described by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Steven Wilson as ?a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ?after this, things will never be the same again.?? The seeds of the idea that led to The Incident came to Wilson as he became caught up in a highway traffic jam while driving past an accident.

?There was a sign saying ?POLICE ? INCIDENT? and everyone was slowing down to rubber neck to see what had happened,? he recalls. ?Afterwards, it struck me that ?incident? is a very detached word for something so destructive and traumatic for the people involved. And then I had the sensation that the spirit of someone that had died in the accident entered into my car and was sitting next to me.

?The irony of such a cold expression for such seismic events appealed to me, and I began to pick out other ?incidents? reported in the media and news,? continues Wilson. ?I wrote about the evacuation of teenage girls from a religious cult in Texas, a family terrorizing its neighbors, a body found floating in a river by some people on a fishing trip, and more. Each song is written in the first person and tries to humanize the detached media reportage.?

Additionally, Wilson delved back into incidents in his own life that had profoundly affected him, including a lost childhood friendship, a séance, his first love and the day that he decided to give up secure employment to follow his dream of making music.

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December ? ?Flicker,? ?Bonnie The Cat,? ?Black Dahlia? and ?Remember Me Lover? ? housed on a separate CD to stress their independence from the title track.

Porcupine Tree ? completed by Gavin Harrison (drums), Colin Edwin (bass), and Richard Barbieri (keyboards) ? took a video camera into the recording studio, capturing a few moments to share with fans. Explore the behind-the-scenes footage here.

Coming to the recording sessions following his first ever solo album, November 2008?s Insurgentes, Wilson admits that the experience of having worked alone affected the direction of The Incident. ?Possibly because of having done that, this record is darker, expansive, and more experimental,? he theorizes. ?But when I write for Porcupine Tree, I know the sound I?m after.?

Porcupine Tree?s latest masterpiece The Incident will be released September 22.

OK here is the low down on the listening party and “The Incident” :

The Incident consists of 14 songs/interludes that make up the entire piece. I was told that most of what I am about to tell you was forthcoming in a press release by Road Runner, so they weren’t too overly concerned about this info leaking a few days early to all you die hard hobbits !

So here it is:

All tracks by SW except Octane Twisted and Circle of Manias which are group compositions (besides the 4 other pieces on the separate ep).

Like I posted this AM, I truly do not know what to make of the new PT. It was almost too overwhelming to take in at one sitting, and for me, certainly NOT a CD/LP I could just sit down and immediately come away with a definitive impression of from the moment I heard it. In most cases, for me anyway, this is normally a very good thing, as many of my all time fave records were ones that I wasn’t immediately struck by, but I am not sure if this is how it will play out with the new PT, and I did not get a promo copy so I’ll have to sit it out like everyone else until the CD is released to get my next listen…

Of the tracks I remember specifically, Time Flies (which I mentioned is very Floydian, but still very much a PT sounding track) was probably the most immediately memorable. It’s not uber proggy, but it does reference Dogs and Time liberally (and bits of Run Like Hell and Sheep as well), but still sounds very contemporary and cool !!! Steven told me this piece was specifically inspired by his childhood/growing up etc.

The Blind House was pretty immediate as well, retro PT acoustic references, harmonies, with some very heavy sustained guitar histrionics as well.

Circle of Manias is the real powerhouse riff monster (along with Octane Twisted if memory serves me right) with tons of Meshuggah-like riffs clashing and crashing along in a torrent of angular time changes and odd meters. This has a similar vibe to Mother and Child Divided, but is much heavier and more angular and f**ked up… Oh, yeah, on this one, SW plays a new Baritone guitar that PRS made for him exclusively !

Drive the Hearse was actually a surprise, as I expected it to be dark and heavy to coincide with the lyrics and song title, but it’s not. It’s more “song oriented” with a memorable chorus and some really lovely acoustic moments backed with some spooky/eerie synth textures and a soaring solo fade out…

The other track that really got my attention was The Incident, which is, well crushingly funky (as in heavy electronica funk), this song is twisted and really will kick ass live I am betting… Lot’s of weird synthy textures and if I had to point to any specific reference point it would be Sleep Together, but without all the strings. This track is more streamlined and stealthy…

Only one major disconnect for me that stood out from the listening session, and that was Drawing the Line. This might be the first PT song I can honestly say I immediately did NOT like much at all right away… Not digging the chorus at all and actually felt uncomfortable listening to it, which was a weird experience. It may grow on me , but somehow I doubt it… Please don’t let my opinion cloud yours though when you finally get and opportunity to check it out !

The rest of the experience is all just too fuzzy at this point, sleep deprivation is clouding my memory and judgment so I’ll stop there on my review of the individual and the whole…

Again, I think this is definitely a situation where it’s going to take a few listens for me to fully wrap my head around and appreciate what is going on in this new release… I will say this though, it was my impression that this music was definitely inspired by and influenced by SW’s experiences making Insurgentes. I can’t put my finger on it, but I had a distinct feeling that Insurgentes had a profound effect on his writing for this new PT project. Perhaps it’s just me, but we shall see…

In the video the opening sequence of guitar chords is from Occam’s Razor which opens the album, and the synthy freak out bits Richard is playing is (I believe) from The Incident. Also, the acoustic bit SW’s is playing is from Time Flies. The rest of the snippets of music are too short and detached from the rest of the recordings for me to place after just one sitting.

Probably a lot more to tell, but just too burnt out to remember at present…

PS: ASS-orted bits and bobs: The next BC release will be a piece that is dedicated solely to chorale samples and manipulation. IEM is dead after the box set. SW can’t wait to do another solo record. Don’t know about Blackfield, and frankly didn’t care to know. No additional info yet on the Deluxe Edt. of The Incident, I am sure more

Too much information!!
Θα μείνω μόνο σ’ενα σημείο γιατί,ούτως ή άλλως δε μπορώ να σχολιάσω την άποψη άλλου σε κάτι που δεν έχω ακούσει.

:-k:-k:-k Υπάρχει περίπτωση ν’ακούσουμε κάτι τέτοιο από Porcupine Tree???

Όχι ακριβώς Tons αλλά το Anesthetize είχε τέτοια.

Το εχουμε ακουσει απο καιρο. ‘‘Futile’’, κυκλοφορια εποχης 2003… ή '04, βαριεμαι να τα ψαχνω…

Μιλαμε για τρελο b-side ε. Ριχτε μια ματια και δεν θα χασετε… :wink:

bump!

Ανεβηκε το preview.

Γελα ο κοσμος.

Από ευχαρίστηση? :-s

Πραγματικα αυτη τη μπαντα την εχω ζησει τοσο στο πετσι μου που μαλλον ξερω τι να περιμενω (απο θεμα υφους). Αλλα επειδη υπαρχει μια περιπτωση να με αρεσει, ας κρατησω μια πισινη. Ψιλιαζομαι παντως πως αυτος θα ειναι ο πρωτος δισκος τους που θα μ απογοητευσει.

μαλιστα…

οκ δε σημαινει και κατι αναλογιζομενος την εκταση του preview, αλλα δεν εντυπωσιαστηκα… να βγει με το καλο…

Εχω την εντυπωση πως ο steven μετα τους blackfield την εχει ψωνισει λιγο με τη φωνη του :-k