Top Gear

Αρθρο του captain slow περι AC/DC:

[SIZE=“4”]Rock and Rolls [/SIZE]
[SIZE=“3”]Metal messiahs AC/DC are still going strong ? and the singer drives a Rolls-Royce Phantom. [/SIZE]

[I]Last week, for the first time since 1982, I think, I went to see AC/DC. As a Rolls-Royce enthusiast, this was all very timely.

I’ve always liked AC/DC. They are good, but more importantly are a good laugh and don’t take themselves too seriously. I admit to spending a lot of time listening to Bach and Chopin and even Messiaen, and pontificating about them, but this simply heightens my appreciation of the DC.

AC/DC have been keeping us entertained with rollicking good tunes since 1973 and generate an unmistakable and inimitable sound. The basic sonic signature is rich, robust and warm, like a stew that’s been simmering over a fire for many years. To this, Angus Young’s guitar solos add spice and piquancy; an acidic high note, if you like, and I can’t help noticing that the word “acidic” is AC/DC with two "i"s missing, which could be the basis of a Paul McCartney Isn’t Wearing Any Shoes-type of conspiracy theory.

That they’re still doing this is amazing. That they can still be bothered after selling more than 200 million albums equally so. The other Young, Rudd and Williams are at the back, steadfast, strong ? the engine room of this great rocking leviathan. Frontman Brian Johnson camps about a bit, goading the crowd, and Angus is still headbanging across the stage and in danger of losing his bus pass. It shook me all night long.

My only regret was that I was in a seat, at the side of what would be the auditorium if this had been an opera, when really I would have liked to be where I would have been in 1982, which was in the bear pit in front of the stage with the bad boys and girls, jumping up and down.

AC/DC are a band for jumping up and down to. Something about the AC/DC rock pump reduces the complex and troubled human condition to a simple desire to jump up and down. Other bands were good for this but have now gone, and newer bands may be good for it, too, but they don’t have the authority that only age and endurance can bestow.

AC/DC are the best, and have an uninterrupted history of being AC/DC.

Jumping up and down to AC/DC, like going to a pub and the pox, is a great leveller. Prejudice, class and other trifling differences are swept aside as all peoples become united in a common conviction of an intensity that faith leaders and politicians can only dream of. Jumping! Up and down!

Jumping up and down is a life-affirming activity, like seeing the sun come up or smelling blossom. It’s a free and natural high bestowed by the gods on everyone. There is a sensory node somewhere in the base of the spine that can release an ecstatic shot to the whole system, that can be mildly aroused at 6,000rpm in an air-cooled Porsche, but which is fully stimulated only by jumping up and down. Try it now. It feels good and is good for you. If AC/DC are playing you can jump up and down for two hours without realising how hard you’re working. So why spend good money on an exercise bike? You can get a copy of the band’s High Voltage album for a fiver.

I sometimes wonder if the world would be a better and more peaceful place if AC/DC could stride on to a giant cosmic stage and say “Good evening Earth”. Then the mood that infused the O2 arena last week could inhabit all hearts and put an end to war and suffering and famine. For what is religion? What is territory? What is mineral wealth, culture, race and the conceit of kings compared with the visceral and spiritual satisfaction of jumping up and down? The girl’s got rhythm, according to AC/DC. The whole planet could have it.

After the show, I met Mr Johnson himself. Following a discussion on the postmodern irony implicit in Hell’s Bells, I asked him what he drove, and he drives a Rolls-Royce Phantom: not because he’s a wealthy man, but because he genuinely loves it. He drives it himself, not into a swimming pool, and claims that no member of the band has ever been sick in it.

This is as it should be. Supercars and giant SUVs are fine for pretenders to the throne, but the frontman of AC/DC should have a Royce. He is a messiah in waiting, and we should see his coming.

Let there be rock. And let there be Rolls. [/I]

Επισημα πλεον 21/6 το νεο επεισοδειο! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

1 βδομαδα εμεινε!:dizzy:

ασταδιαλα τρομαξα, και νομιζα βρηκα τι θα κανω αποψε

Ως οπαδος θα πρεπε να ξερεις ποτε βγαινουν τα καινουργια επεισοδεια.:expressionless:

Ειναι καλοκαιρι, δεν σκεφτομαι.

:expressionless:

Συγχωρεμενος

:stuck_out_tongue:

ΟΚ πανικος το βραδυ.Δειτε στο λινκ ενα μεγαλο σποιλερ για το σημερινο επεισοδειο.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8111588.stm

Edit: Μερικες φωτο απο το filming του σημερινου

Στα τορρενταδικα ποτε?

Εγω εχω ενα προγραμμα κ βλεπω λαιβ uk tv.Αν το θες πες να στο στειλω.
Αλλιως τορρεντ το βρισκεις λογικα κατα τις 12-1…

σοπκαστ? Κουλ.

πμ…

Βγαλανε το honda type r οτι ειναι για τον πεο σε σχεση με το προηγουμενο.

Εσκισε το επεισοδειο!

[SPOILER]Ο αγωνας τρομερος και το σκηνικο με τον σουμαχερ απιστευτο.Πολυ μου αρεσε πως καλυψαν οσα λεγονταν για τον στιγκ τοσους μηνες.

PS “The curry was too hard to resist” :lol::lol::lol:[/SPOILER]

Koλλαγε το γαμωνετ. Αυριο τορρενταδικο. Δεν ανοιγω σποιλερ

Spoiler για το αυριανο show, o Thodoris θα κατουρηθει ξερωγω :stuck_out_tongue:

[SPOILER]On the next episode of Top Gear, AC/DC’s Brian Johnson appears on the programme for an interview and a lap of the track. See how fast he completes his lap this coming Sunday, 26th July at 8pm on BBC 2.

Also, on the programme the presenters set out to discover if classic cars really are better than their modern counterparts and the ultimate driving machine meets the ultimate killing machine as the new BMW Z4 roadster faces off against some massive animatronic dinosaurs.
[/SPOILER]

Οταν ειχα διαβασει αυτο το αρθρο ειχα προβλεψει οτι θα τον ειχαν αυτην τη σεζον.Μαρτυρες η αδερφη κι η μανα μου!Να που δικαιωθηκα!

Λοιπον η ιστορια με το μινι του ποσο θεικη μπορει να ηταν ε???

ε αφου τον βολευε τι να πουμε? :stuck_out_tongue:

τα κοριτσια βολευε βασικα! χαχαχαχαχαχα…