WAYSTED ? ?Back From the Dead?

WAYSTED ? ?Back From the Dead?
(Majestic Rock)
Running time : 40:22

WAYSTED have well documented career that spans a few albums, and have been one of the main focuses of Pete Way outside UFO. Here we have a new album featuring original vocalist Fin. There has been much shenanigans and back room talk about, guitar parts being replaced, etc, but if somebody focuses on the music, they ?ll find 8 excellent, rock n roll song with electrifying guitars, a woogie boogie kinda balls out attitude, punchy grooves and whiskey soaked vocals. After the rather weird, but riffy, ?The alternativa?, Garden of Eden, sounds like WHITESNAKE with an extra pair of balls. ?Dreams? is pretty enjoyable too, more melodic and laid back. A bit self-biographical I guess. ?Must be more 2 it than this? steps on the pedal again. Loads of Swagger. ?The price of Love? is such a nice little gem. Think of Waysted, meets Billy idol or something. Quite spot on. Absolutely love it. Similarly ?Breakfast Show? has something distinctly AC/DC about it. I ?m loving this, turning the volume up ? even if it?s LATE !!! I?ll blame Majestic if they Sue me. I ?m gonna love ya, has a bit of a southern air about it. Cool, bluesy, brilliant.?Lost in Cleveland? doesn?t quite do it for me. Not too bad for a closer, but it kinda left me wanting more. Anyhow. If ya like UFO, AC/DC, ZZ TOP, Billy idol and stuff like that, this will make your day.

4/6