Yardbirds

ποια η γνωμη σασ για το μεγαλο αυτο συγκροτημα οπου ξεκινησαν την καριερα τους 3 ιερα τερατα της κιθαρας (clapton,beck,page)?

Η ίδια γνώμη που έχω για όλα εκείνα τα μεγάλα συγκροτήματα τα οποία δεν ανήκουν ωστόσο και στην κορυφή των ακουσμάτων μου και του γούστου μου, παρά το αναμφισβήτητο της προσφοράς τους: Πολύ σημαντικό συγκρότημα, ειδικά αν λάβουμε υπόψη μας πότε εμφανίστηκαν (το '62 νομίζω?), ανέδειξε θρυλικές μορφές, και επειδή μιλάω σαν εγκυκλοπαίδεια περισσότερο, το αφήνω εδώ. :slight_smile:

Oι Yardbirds είναι το αγαπημένο μου αγγλικό συγκρότημα των 60s.

http://starling.rinet.ru/music/yard.htm
http://www.theyardbirds.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRKrFoNSe0

[SPOILER]Eric Clapton: when I joined The Yardbirds, we were playing music by Howlin’ Wolf, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, et cetera, et cetera and then they wanted to make a hit record and I wasn’t ready for that at the time. I probably never have been unless it’s on my terms. But they thought that if they changed what they wore and did more Top 40-type material they would get a hit record, and that’s just exactly when I left them. I played on the record [“For Your Love”/“Got To Hurry”], it was OK, but I could see it was a pop tune written for the purpose of getting into the charts and nothing else. I think I left after the session.
I was only out of work for a couple of weeks, though, and then John Mayall called me up and said, would I like to be in his band, and that suited me fine because it was a blues band and I was going through my purist number then. So it suited me down to the ground. For me, in those days, blues was the only kind of music and I didn’t like anything else.

Jeff Beck: The Yardbirds did shake a few people by the balls. Because it was so outrageous compared with what was going on like The Monkees and Dave Clark Five and Herman’s Hermits and The Animals. Well, The Animals were pretty wild, I suppose – and the Stones. Really, we were in the wake of The Animals, Stones, and Beatles, and then the Yardbirds were the next significant English export.
I always felt we were done down because we were in the wake of The Beatles. Everybody kept asking us if we knew The Beatles and we said, “No, we don’t. Do you know us? We’re here.” And I felt we started the punk movement in a lot of ways. It was just ‘go get ‘em, kill ‘em,’ experimental soloing and banging it and crashing it and aggression.

Jimmy Page: I went to a Yardbirds concert at Oxford (June 18, 1966). (Lead singer) Keith Relf got really drunk and was saying “Fuck you” right in the mike and falling into the drums. I thought it was a great anarchistic night, and I went back into the dressing room and said, “What a brilliant show!” There was this great argument going on; (bass player) Paul Samwell-Smith saying, “Well, I’m leaving the group, and if I was you, Keith, I’d do the very same thing.” So he left the group, and Keith didn’t. But they were stuck, you see, because they had commitments and dates, so I said, “I’ll play the bass if you like.” And then it worked out that we did the dual lead guitar thing as soon as (previously on rhythm guitar) Chris Dreja could get it together with bass, which happened, though not for long. But then came the question of discipline. If you’re going to do dual lead guitar riffs and patterns, then you’ve got to be playing the same things. Jeff Beck had discipline occasionally, but he was an inconsistent player in that. When he’s on, he’s probably the best there is, but at that time, and for a period afterwards, he had no respect whatsoever for audiences.

What do you remember most about your early days with the Yardbirds?
Jimmy Page: One thing is it was chaotic in recording. I mean we did one tune and didn’t really know what it was. We had Ian Stewart from The Stones on piano, and we’d just finished the take, and without even hearing it (producer) Mickie Most said, “Next.” I said, “I’ve never worked like this in my life,” and he said, “Don’t worry about it.” It was all done very quickly, as it sounds. It was things like that that really led to the general state of mind and depression of Relf and (drummer) Jim McCarty that broke the group up. I tried to keep it together, but there was no chance; they just wouldn’t have it. In fact Relf said the magic of the band disappeared when Clapton left. I was really keen on doing anything, though, probably because of having had all that studio work and variety beforehand. So it didn’t matter what way we wanted to go; they were definitely talented people, but they couldn’t really see the woods for the trees at the time.

You thought the best period of the Yardbirds was when Jeff Beck was with them?
Jimmy Page: I did. Giorgio Gomelsky (the Yardbirds’ manager and producer) was good for him because he got him thinking and attempting new things.

Can you describe some of your musical interaction with Beck during the Yardbirds period?
Jimmy Page: Sometimes it worked really great, and sometimes it didn’t. There were a lot of harmonies that I don’t think anyone else had really done, not like we did. The Stones were the only ones who got into two guitars going at the same time from old Muddy Waters records. But we were more into solos rather than a rhythm thing. The point is, you’ve got to have the parts worked out, and I’d find that I was doing what I was supposed to, while something totally different would be coming from Jeff. That was all right for the areas of improvisation but there were other parts where it just did not work. You’ve got to understand that Beck and I came from the same sort of roots. If you’ve got things you enjoy, then you want to do them—to the horrifying point where we’d done our first LP (Led Zeppelin) with “You Shook Me”, and then I heard he’d done “You Shook Me” (Truth). I was terrified because I thought they’d be the same. But I hadn’t even known he’d done it, and he hadn’t known that we had.

You only recorded a few songs with Beck on record?
Jimmy Page: Yeah. “Happenings Ten Years Time Ago”, “Stroll On” , “Psycho Daisies”, “Bolero” and a few other things. [/SPOILER]

Oι φάτσες Beck και Page στην κάτω φωτογραφία είναι όλα τα λεφτά.:lol:
Ιστορικό συγκρότημα, τεράστιοι κιθαρίστες, τα rave ups της δεκαετίας του '60 έστρωσαν το έδαφος για την jam σκηνή.

Και ας μην ξεχνάμε πως η αρχική ονομασία των Zeppelin θα ήταν Yardbirds II

πολυ γελιο οι φωτος!

πολυ μεγαλο Group για την εποχη του! ανηξε γενικα τους δρομους στην Αγγλικη σκηνη για να ξεκολισουν κ λιγο το Αγγλακια απο τα γεγεδικα!

νομιζω οτι λεγονταν στην οι ζεπ The New Yardbirds

ναι,ετσι ειναι.ο eric clapton επισης ειναι ισως ο μαδικος μουσικος στην ιστορια του rock που εχει ενταχθει 3 φορες στο rock n’ roll hall of fame με yardbirds,cream και με τη σολο καριερα του

ποιος θεωρειται σαν ο καλυτερος δισκος τους?

Προσωπικά προτείνω Over Under Sideways Down( ή αλλιώς Roger the Engineer) και Five Live Yardbirds.

αυτο το heart foul of soul τι κομματαρα ειναι???
(το ειχα ακουσει απο rush…στο δισκο με τις διασκευες…)

Είναι κομματάρα, στάζει 60ίλα! 8)

Πλάκα-πλάκα είναι χρήσιμοι αυτοί οι δίσκοι με τις διασκευές, δεν είναι τόσο αρπαχτές όσο τους κατηγορούν! :wink:

Σορι ρε hopeto,δεν το εθεσα σωστα.Ενταξει εκτος απο αυτους τους δυο(ειναι και οι μοναδικοι που εχω+yardbirds featuring jimmy page),ποιος αλλος θεωρειται ισαξιος?

Having a rave up τοτε?