Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance

Έχουμε ημερομηνία κυκλοφορίας, 13 Σεπτεμβρίου και τώρα περιμένουμε για τον prog δίσκο της χρονιάς! Ένα πάρα πολύ ενδιαφέρον άρθρο-συνέντευξη που βρήκα:

In 2010, Jim Matheos (current member of the progressive rock powerhouse Fates Warning and OSI) and John Arch (former vocalist of Fates Warning) teamed up to form the new progressive metal band, ARCH/ MATHEOS. The band -accompanied by the talented lineup of Joey Vera on bass, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Frank Aresti on additional lead guitar- began tracking the drums for their debut album Sympathetic Resonance on January 12 and continued to record through mid February with Jim Matheos producing. The technical proficiency of the band?s instrumentalists is apparent throughout the disc’s 6 tracks, three of which clock in at over ten minutes each; each musician bringing great depth, complex layers, and powerful harmonies to the table with the end result being as dynamic as it is exciting.

The group’s talent and versatility is apparent on their debut long-player, Sympathetic Resonance, which clocks in at just shy of 55 minutes. Jim Matheos notes; “a lot these songs, Neurotically Wired, Midnight Serenade, Stained Glass Sky, and parts of others, started off as material for the next Fates Warning record. Ray (Alder) was unable to commit to a record at that time so I approached John about doing a couple songs together, maybe another EP. We just took it one song at a time and didn’t even really consider doing a full length CD until probably over half the record was written.”

Jim Matheos offered his insight on the writing and recording process of Sympathetic Resonance; “I think John and I work really well together. There’s a lot of mutual respect and trust in what we do. But, we’re also both very critical of ourselves, and each other. This can make for a long and, sometimes, tedious process. But ultimately it’s one I enjoy because I think it brings out the best in both of us.” John Arch added; ?When I first heard some of the arrangements Jim had written and recorded, it took quite some time before I could wrap my mind around the odd time signatures and guitar work going on here. There are some long compositions, so putting anxiety and apprehension on the back burner it was time to dissect these numbers into digestible bits. After the lengthy process of lyrics and melodies, listening to the songs now, I can’t imagine them any other way."

In terms of the lyrical content on Sympathetic Resonance, John Arch comments; " lyrically -with the exception of ?Epitaph? from The Spectre Within- where I am in the first person, there has been a pattern of using characters, imagery and symbolism to create stories, where the characters are in the forefront acting out the story line. This time, much like A Twist of Fate, the man again steps out from behind the curtain without the third person to reveal his human flaws. There are still plenty of metaphors and phrases that are open to interpretation, but just how transparent or relevant the meanings are to those who read the lyrics we will have to see.?

ARCH / MATHEOS debut Sympathetic Resonance will be released September 13, 2011 in North America.

Και θυμίζουμε το θεϊκό lineup:

John Arch ? vocals (former Fates Warning)
Jim Matheos ? guitars (Fates Warning, OSI)
Joey Vera ? bass (Armored Saint, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Seven Witches)
Bobby Jarzombek ? drums (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot)
Frank Aresti - additional lead guitar (Fates Warning)

Εδώ μια πρώτη άποψη από άτομο που πήρε στα χέρια του δύο από τα κομμάτια(υποθέτω τελειωμένα). Έχω φαγωθεί να τα ψάχνω αλλά υποθέτω ότι έχουν πάει σε συγκεκριμένα πρόσωπα.

[SPOILER]

Ok folks, so I have heard two cuts from this record.

Midnight Serenade

and

Stained Glass Sky

Title of the record is: Sympathetic Resonance

MY LORD. Everyone is absolutely in for some killer metal. Stained Glass Sky has a three-minute instrumental intro that just SLAYS. Heavy and aggressive, some mid tempo-ish moments too. John’s vocals are top-notch. They start at that song at the 4 minute mark. It’s just shy of 14 minutes long total.

If you are familiar with John’s unique vocal style, it is in full effect here. Interesting melody choices, good range and just a pounding rhythm section with really METAL guitar work by Jim and Frank. Frank picks up the first solo it sounds like after the vocals kick in. Really good stuff. Man!!!

Midnight Serenade is great too, more of a normal-length track. Forgive my lack of info on that. I am just blown away by Stained Glass Sky right now, listening to it. But Midnight is killer too.

Friends – based on two songs, if the rest of the record is of this quality…metal record of the year. Total metal, total progressive, total guitar wizardry, total BAD ASS. Nice quiet section at the 8:30 mark. Huge contrast, but dramatic as hell. It really works. And then it gets more bad ass coming out of it! HUGE FUCKING RIFF out of the quiet section.

Διαβάζω την περιγραφή και ΠΕΘΑΙΝΩ.[/SPOILER]

θα κλαψω.οτι και να κανει ο μαθεος θα ειναι θεικο.θα κλαψω.

Πω ρε τέτοια διαβάζω και μετά άντε να περιμένεις να βγεί ο δίσκος…
Περιμένω δίσκαρο.

Mαζί σας κι εγώ και εν αναμονή για κάτι καλό. Αλλά γιατί μου κάνει κάτι σε “προδοσία” στον Ray;
Κι ας πάνε για τον επόμενο δίσκο μετά τη Λάρσα…

πρώτα είναι το Live στη λαρισα και μετά στην μαλακασα…το είχε λάθος η αρχική

πως και πως το περιμένω… και ελπίζω και σε ζωντανή εμφάνιση σε κανένα ΚΙΤ να προσκυνήσουμε

Ο Ray νομίζω την ίδια περίοδο ήταν απασχολημένος με τους Redemption(ήχογράφηση η περιοδεία δεν ξέρω). Επίσης δεν ξέρω τι παίζει αυτή την περίοδο με τη φωνή του, σε μία φετινή συνέντευξη μου φάνηκε απίστευτα βραχνός και μπάσος, περισσότερο απ’ ότι συνήθως. Είναι πιθανό να καπνίζει ακόμα, αλλά δεν το ξέρω σίγουρα. Οπότε ίσως στη φάση αυτή ο Jim να εμπιστεύτηκε περισσότερο τον John από τον Ray για να αξιοποιήσει το υλικό που είχε εκείνη την ώρα. Και προσωπικά δεν το βλέπω σαν προδοσία, σίγουρα ο Μαθιός έχει έτοιμο υλικό και για τους Fates.

Άσχετο-τώρα το πρόσεξα, αλλά το Arch/Matheos κυκλοφορεί ίδια μέρα με το καινούριο των Dream Theater! Έχει να πέσει πολύ γέλιο και σχόλιο! :lol:

ο απαράδεκτος alder καπνίζει ακόμα και ανάμεσα στα τραγούδια στα live… τραγικό…

Arch/Matheos και νέο Fates Warning μέσα στο 2011 8O

Επίσης νέο άλμπουμ από Theater. Μεγάλη χρονιά για το prog προβλέπεται 8)

βαλε και τα live που θα δουμε!!

Ηαppy Prog 2011:p:p

Ποιος? Που? Ποτε? Λεγε ο,τι ξερεις!!! :D:D:D Ειναι σιγουρο-επισημο? Γιατι αν ειναι με βλεπω να μαζευω 10λεπτα, 20λεπτα και μισοευρα (ρεστα απο παγωτα καφεδες και εφημεριδες) για να βρω τα φραγκα για ολα τα δισκακια που θα βγουν το φθινοπωρο…

Ξερουμε αν θα εχει καποιο promo single το Αrch/Matheos ετσι να παρουμε μια γευση για το δισκο

Ιt’s gonna be a prog to the bone year…hell yeah…:smiley:

Το είχα ακούσει παλιότερα. Τελικά μάλλον προς το 2012 θα είναι το νέο αλμπουμ.
Ειδικά μετά από την κυκλοφορία του Arch/Mathes αυτό είναι πιο προφανές.

__ :oops: O:), sorry, έπρεπε να το προσθέσω… :smiley:

__Ο χαρακτηρισμός “είμαστε ενθουσιασμένοι” είναι λίγος. 8) θενκς για το τοπικ :thumbup:

Υπέροχα εξαιρετικά, αναμένουμε και τα δύο:):!:

Και μενα σε κατι τετοιο μου κανει…
Ελπιζω να μην υπονομευει κατι τετοιο το μελλον των Fates και το ιδανικο σεναριο θα ηταν εχουμε 2 δισκαρες απο 2 συγκροτηματα.

εδω βρηκα PRE-ORDER

…οπότε…

1. Neurotically Wired
  2. Midnight Serenade
  3. Stained Glass Sky
  4. On the Fence
  5. Any Given Day (Strangers Like Me)
  6. Incense and Myrrh

3 κομμάτια με διάρκεια πάνω απο 10 λεπτά…για αυτό και 6 όλα κι όλα…

καρακλισε εξωφυλλο[-X

Αναρωτιεμαι μονο σ’ εμενα το εξωφυλλο θυμισε το αντιστοιχο του “Indestructable” των Disturbed? Anyway αυτο που μετραει ειναι τα κομματια…και αν κρινω απο οσα μας εχει δωσει στο παρελθον ο Matheos, το αποτελεσμα θα ειναι τουλαχιστον ικανοποιητικο…in Matheos we trust…Ιδωμεν…

Κλαην για το κακο εξωφυλλο, αν ο καθενας τους αποδωσει αυτο που ξερει θα ειναι δισκαρα. Απλο.

5 λεπτά(Edit) απο τα συνολικά 14(σχεδόν), του [B]“Stained Glass Sky”[/B]