Iced Earth /Something Wicked Part 1 /Something Wicked Part 2

New Album Update

Posted by Jon Schaffer on 2006-12-30 14:08:33:
Hello All,

Again I have to apologize for the delay in updates. I’ve been extremely busy with writing and preproduction for the new IE CD’s.

I also lost the one person that was my true mentor and inspiration throughout my life, which was very difficult. My Father, Tom Schaffer, died unexpectedly of a massive stroke in October. He was 67, and died two weeks before his 68th birthday. It’s hard to imagine what my life would have been like without my Dad’s influence. I would not be who I am today, that’s for sure. Fortunately, he was able to travel with the band a few times, and he really enjoyed meeting and talking with the fans. He was there for the Alive in Athens recording and was dubbed Papa Earth by some of the fans in Greece. I will miss him very much.

Obviously, this had a huge impact on me and brought the writing to a halt for about a month.

I’m back on track and we are going to start recording on February 1st. We will be releasing a single/EP in June '07 that will feature the Something Wicked trilogy re-recorded and a track that will be an alternate edit of a song that will be on Something Wicked Part 2 that now has a working title of “Come What May.” The label was wanting me to do something with the original trilogy to reintroduce the story. So, what we have in store for you is very cool. You will hear “Prophecy,” “Birth of the Wicked,” and “The Coming Curse” in a new way that will be a very killer way to kick off this massive epic.

I don’t want to give you any details to spoil the surprise, but trust me, it’s going to be awesome.

“Something Wicked (Part 1)” will be released in the September/October '07 time frame and Part 2 will follow in January/February '08.

This is by far the most epic task I’ve ever taken on as a songwriter and I really feel like it will be worth all the sacrifice when it’s finished. I’ve been working nonstop for over a year now and it’s coming together in a very special way. I’ve just about finished all the musical arrangements and am now focusing on writing the lyrics/vocal melodies. I’m in the final stretch now…

Tim Mills has contributed a few really cool pieces of music and has shown a real interest in the whole “Something Wicked” story, and a real passion for being involved with the band. All this while owning and operating his own company (Bare Knuckle Pickups). I’m impressed, it’s a rare quality, believe me.

Also, the bass player on the next record is a local boy from Indianapolis whose name is James “Bo” Wallace. Bo is a killer player and a great personality. I went to see him perform several months ago and was impressed with his abilities, energy and passion. He played with Ma Kelley for many years and released several records on a few different independent labels. Without a doubt, Bo is a great bass player and I’m happy to have him working with Iced Earth.

Here’s a list of working titles for the upcoming epic. There will likely be changes but this gives you an idea of where things are going.

Something Wicked - Part 1

1.) Overture
2.) Something Wicked (Part 1)
3.) Invasion
4.) Man’s Motivation
5.) The Setian Massacre
6.) Ghost Dance Ritual
7.) Reflections
8.) Ten Thousand Strong
9.) Execution
10.) Order of the Rose
11.) The Clouding
12.) Infiltrate and Assimilate
13.) Retribution From the Shadows
14.) Something Wicked (Part 2)
15.) The Domino Decree
16.) The Division of Religion (Man Needs God)
17.) Novo Ordo Seclorum (Cycle Of A New Age)

Something Wicked - Part 2

1.) The Sacred Flames
2.) Behold the Wicked Child
3.) Minions of the Watch
4.) A Gift Or A Curse?
5.) I Walk Among You
6.) My Burden, My Honor
7.) Ancient Rage of the High Priest
8.) A Gathering Threat
9.) Time Marches On
10.) Sacrificial Kingdoms
11.) Something Wicked (Part 3)
12.) Divide Devour
13.) Conspiracy / A Charge to Keep
14.) Come What May (Mankind Is Lost)

Happy New Year to all!

John

δια στόματος Σαφερ

Πρέπει να είναι γαμάτος ο καινούριος δίσκος…Να ξυλωθώ;;;;;

ακόμα δεν ξέρω τι να σου πώ…

Για live θα ερθουν?[/list]

Αν και προτιμω Barlow και αν και το Glorious Burden δεν με ενθουσιασε,εχω μεγαλη περιεργεια να ακουσω την συνεχεια του Something Wicked.Και δεν ξερω γιατι,αλλα πιστευω οτι θα ειναι καλο.
Ο Ripper εχει μεν διαφορετικη φωνη απο το Barlow,αλλα ειναι φοβερος τραγουδιστης.Αν ο Schaffer βρει τον εαυτο του ξανα…Μπορουμε να ελπιζουμε.

Θα τα παρω στανταρ.Και αν ειναι μουφες θα γινω πολεμιος του Ripper :smiley:

Mακάρι να έχει έστω και λίγο την μαγεία των παλιότερων δίσκων τους… 8)

+1 :smiley:

Την ποια; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Την ποια; :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

Την ποια; :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

:?

Κακιες.

:smiley:

Νεα απο το στρατοπεδο των Iced Earth…

Συμφωνα με το επισημο site τους:

We just finished mixing and mastering the single which will be titled “Overture of the Wicked” and should be released in late May or early June. The 4 songs that will be featured on this are as follows:

1.) Ten Thousand Strong
2.) Prophecy
3.) Birth of the Wicked
4.) The Coming Curse

Ten Thousand Strong will be the song that we will be filming a video for in the following months, most likely in June right around the Sweden Rock festival.

I’m very happy with the results of our efforts, we’ve been really working hard on delivering something special to you guys and this single is just a hint of things to come, and it’s freakin’ awesome.

We will be finishing the rest of production for Part 1 over the course of the next few weeks, with plans to mix in the early part of May.
The title of the full release is “Framing Armageddon” (Something Wicked Part 1) and should be out in the late August/September time frame.

The “Framing Armageddon” tracklist will appear as follows:

1.) Overture
2.) Something Wicked (Part 1)
3.) Invasion
4.) Man’s Motivation
5.) The Setian Massacre
6.) A Charge to Keep
7.) Reflections
8.) Ten Thousand Strong
9.) Execution
10.) Order of the Rose
11.) The Clouding
12.) Infiltrate and Assimilate
13.) Retribution Through the Ages
14.) Something Wicked (Part 2)
15.) The Domino Decree
16.) Framing Armageddon
17.) When Stars Collide (Born is He)
18.) The Awakening

The working title of Part 2 is “Revelation Abomination” Something Wicked (Part 2) and the tracklist is as follows:

1.) The Sacred Flames
2.) Behold the Wicked Child
3.) Minions of the Watch
4.) A Gift or a Curse
5.) I Walk Among You
5.) Harbinger of Fate
6.) Ancient Rage of the High Priest
7.) A Gathering Threat / Time Marches On
8.) Sacrificial Kingdoms
9.) Something Wicked (Part 3)
10.) Divide Devour
11.) Conspiracy / Pilgrimage In Guile
12.) Come What May

The final tracking and mixing for Part 2 will take place between the festivals and world tour and will have a targeted release in February/March of 2008.

YTo to cd einai ena kalo kolpo nasynh8isoun oi opadoi ton ripper sta palia kommatia twn iced earth kai na vgaloun extra lefta gt pio fanatikos icedearthakias den 8a parei to cd(me too)!!!

Moλις ακουσα το καινουριο single που εχει μεσα ενα καινουριο κομματι και μετα την τριλογια απο το πρωτο Something Wicked

Ten Thousand Strong νεο κομματί κατεμε τyπικο Iced Earth κομματι,αρχιζει πολυ δυναμικα με μια κλασσικη κραυγη Ripper και συνεχιζει με full δικαση και κασα!Καλο κομματι!!Να δουμε τι θα λεει και ολο το αλμπουμ!

Για την τριλογια…ειναι καπως αλλαγμενα απο τις αρχικες και ανεπαναληπτες ηχογραφησεις…θα προτιμησω τα αυθεντικα 100%!!Δυστηχως για τον Ripper…o Barlow ειναι γεννημενος για να τραγουδαει στους Iced Earth!

Αυτα!!!

Ντάξει το άκουσα από περιέργεια μια φορά μιας και η τριλογία μόλις είχε βγεί μονοπωλούσε το playlist μου και γενικώς ήταν δισκάρα τότε και μπαντάρα και όλα αυτά τα ωραία, αλλά…

Κάτσε ρε Σάφερ, γιατί γαμάς έτσι ένα τόσο κορυφαίο κομμάτι. Ειδικά το Coming Curse είναι αγνώριστο προς το χάλια πάντα. Οκ το καινούριο κομμάτι είναι τελείως στα μέτρα του Ripper, αλλά η τριλογία δεν ακούγεται.
Αυτά.
Ας ελπίσουμε τουλάχιστον να μην σκίσει και κάνα άλλο από το 1o Something wicked…

Προσωπικά δεν περιμένω τίποτα το τρομερό από τους Iced Earth πλέον! Αν κι εδώ πού τα λέμε ούτε το πρώτο Something Wicked το θεωρώ κάτι το ιδιαίτερο… Μετά το Βurnt Offerings κανένας δίσκος τους δεν με ενθουσίασε ιδιαίτερα…

Το ten thousand strong είναι κομματάρα από αυτές που ξέρει να γράφει ο Jon με κλειστά τα μάτια… Είμαι αισιόδοξος ότι ο δίσκος θα είναι επίσης γαμάτος όπως και ο προηγούμενός τους (αλλά με λίγο καλύτερες απόψεις στους στίχους:p )

+1

Ελπίζω και ο υπόλοιπος δίσκος να είναι ισάξιος με το ten thousnad strong.
Επιτέλους άρχισα να συνηθίζω και τον Ripper αν και σαν τον Βarlow δεν…

Ποσο καλος μπορει να ειναι ενας δισκος Iced earth χωρις τον Barlow???:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

ΕΠΟΣ!

ομώνυμο & Night Of the Stormrider 8)

Mιλαω για μ.Β εποχη παντα :wink: