Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion

Μόλις διάβασα την ανακοίνωση οτι Ihsahn θα τραγουδίσει σε ένα κομμάτι απο το νέο άλμπουμ του. Τα νέα δεν θα μπορούσαν να είναι καλύτερα απλά!

[SPOILER]Former EMPEROR frontman Ihsahn (real name: Vegard Sverre Tveitan) will make a guest appearance on the sophomore solo album from ex-NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis. The CD, which is being produced by Aaron Smith (7 HORNS 7 EYES), is scheduled for release later in the year via Century Media Records.

Commented Ihsahn: "I was both surprised and honored when Jeff asked me to sing on one of the songs for his upcoming album. He sent me a killer track, so it was easy to get inspiration for both words and vocal ideas, and I think it came out really well.

“Jeff is an amazing musician and I’m really looking forward to hearing the final album. Also, in the collaborative spirit, I got him to lay down a solo for my own new album.”

Added Loomis: "I know most of you are aware that Christine Rhoades is doing some vocals on my album. At first I thought she’d be the only guest singer on the record, but then this one song started coming together, it’s pretty brutal.

"I’ve always wanted to do really, really heavy music and after hearing this, both Aaron and myself thought we needed some crazy, sick singer on it. We just sat around tossing names out for a bit, nothing really was sticking and then Aaron says, ‘I got it…Ihsahn’ and it was one of those moments where you knew that was the answer all along, it just hadn’t been unlocked in your mind yet.

"Anyway, a few short emails back and forth and we had his vocal track in. It came out amazing. I can’t wait for you to hear it.

“Ihsahn, thanks again, it’s an honor to have you on my record.”[/SPOILER]
Οι υπόλοιποι που έχουν ανακοινωθεί μέχρι ώρας για όσους δεν ξέρουν, είναι:
Christina Rhoades, Marty Friedman, Tony MacAlpine, Chris Poland.

Μπάσσο θα παίζει Shane Lentz που το λίγο που είδα είναι θεός και drummmer o Dirk Verbeuren οπού τα λόγια είναι περιττά!

και

Το οτι αναμένουμε δισκάρα είναι λίγο, θα γίνει χαμός λέμε!

Ανακοινώθηκε Artwork και Tracklisting, τσεκάρετε το εδώ:

[SPOILER]Former NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis has set “Plains Of Oblivion” as the title of his sophomore solo album, to be released on April 10 in North America (one day earlier in Europe) via Century Media Records. The CD was produced by Aaron Smith (7 HORNS 7 EYES) and features cover artwork by Colin Marks of Rain Song Design, who has previously worked with ALL SHALL PERISH, THE END and XERATH.

“Plains Of Oblivion” track listing:

1. Mercurial (feat. Marty Friedman)
  2. The Ultimatum (feat. Tony MacAlpine)
  3. Escape Velocity
  4. Tragedy And Harmony (feat. Christine Rhoades)
  5. Requiem For The Living (feat. Attila Voros)
  6. Continuum Drift (feat. Chris Poland)
  7. Surrender (feat. Ihsahn)
  8. Chosen Time (feat. Christine Rhoades)
  9. Rapture
  10. Sibylline Origin

http://www.msanthrope.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/image003.jpg [/SPOILER]

Γαμώτο,θα ήθελα να τον δω με κανονικό group…

Δεν αφήνει τις αηδίες λέω γω? Γύρνα στους Nevermore ρε παπάρα…

ο παπάρας της υπόθεσης δεν είναι ο Loomis αλλά ο Dane. (και εσύ)

Τι λε ρε παιδί μου! Είσαι πολύ κακός!
Δυστυχώς μια μεγάλη μπάντα δεν υπάρχει(τουλάχιστον με την μορφή που ξέραμε) λόγω εγωισμών. Το πρώτο του δεν μου είπε τίποτα πάντως.

δε πειραζει… υπαρχει μια αλλη μεγαλυτερη!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0W75UCzYus&feature=related

Το λόγω εγωισμών που είπες δεν ισχύει απο τη μεριά του Loomis πάντως. Όσοι ήταν στο Fuzz το 2010 θα θυμούνται οτι ο Dane ήταν εντελώς αλλού…
Kαι το Zero Order Phase τα σπάει άγρια! :slight_smile:

Για το ποιος ειναι παπαρας της υποθεσης ειναι μεγαλη κουβεντα και δεν θα μαθουμε ποτε με σιγουρια. Αλλα κρίνοντας απο την ξενερα που ειχε φαει ο Loomis με το να αφήσει τον Warrel να κάνει το δικο του κουμαντο στο TOC με παραπανω φωνητικες γραμμες κτλ(το οτι ψωνιστικε με το προσωπικο του αλμπουμ δεν το αμφισβητεί κανεις…) θα πω πως οι Warrel τους εδιωξε… Απλα βρηκαν μια προφαση(το αλκοολ) και φυγανε μαζι με το Van.

Ον τοπικ τωρα, το αλμπουμ του Loomis πρεπει να μαμεί για 3 λογους.
1ον Για να δειξει στον Warrel Dane οτι η μουσικη των Nevermore ειναι αυτος και θα ναι βλακας αμα τους συνεχισει χωρις να γυρισει πισω.
2ον Λογω των εξαιρετικών συμμετοχών…3 κομματια με φωνητικα(Christina Rhoades και Ihsahn) …Βιρτουόζοι κιθαριστες, μπασιστας αγορασμενος απο youtube, killer drummer και σε ενα στουντιο ηχογραφησης που εχει τα παντα για την παρτη του Τζεφακου.
3ον Εισαι ο Jeff Loomis

αν θες ψάξου λίγο (εντιτ, μαζί με τον σάγκραθ) με συνεντεύξεις του Loomis και του Dane για το θέμα και μετά το συζητάμε ξανά για το αν είναι παπάρας ο Loomis.

Για να βοηθήσω λίγο φίλε bastard:[B]
METALSUCKS EXCLUSIVE: JEFF LOOMIS? FIRST INTERVIEW SINCE LEAVING NEVERMORE[/B]

[SPOILER][B]Let?s dive right in with the obvious question: From your perspective, what happened with Nevermore?[/B]

Van and I started discussing leaving Nevermore when we were on our last tour with Symphony X in Europe. Obviously, as everyone knows, Nevermore had been together since 1993, and we were very happy for many years. I think that over a period of time, with excessive touring and doing records together, we just got burnt out from one another. There were also many issues with drinking and alcohol abuse [my own] included. I?m not out to do interviews about the end of Nevermore and just zero out particular people in the band, that would be wrong and false information anyway.

We were on the last leg of the Symphony X tour and Van and I had a talk with Warrel backstage and we told him we didn?t want to continue on with the next tour with Symphony X in the States. We wanted to take some time and regroup, so to speak, and wait for Jim to come back, since he was recovering from brain surgery. Warrel really did not like that idea, but Van and I stuck with it, thinking it was a smart move to maybe start fresh at a later date. All hell kind of broke from that [discussion], because the concert promoter [in the U.S.] got pissed off, and I heard through the grapevine that we might get sued because of it. That?s pretty much when Van and I issued a statement that we were going to depart from the band.

I really just had had enough at the end. I want to do different things musically, and I think it was just better that we left. It was quite amazing, though, with all the response we got from our fans. It?s really nice to know that we affected so many people in a positive way with our music.

[B]So you started discussing leaving the band during that tour? at that point, for how long had you known that there were serious problems within the band?
[/B]
For quite some time actually? there were many problems health-wise that were kinda getting scary. Warrel had a problem with his pancreas and diabetes back in ?05, and Jim recently underwent brain surgery to remove a small brain tumor, plus he had issues with Crohn?s disease. Sometimes Jim wasn?t able to tour because of that, and we would always have to find a replacement. Troubles happen all the time in bands, and we always dealt with them. I think that over a period of time, though, that started to kind of take a toll with never having the whole original band onstage at certain times when we were on tour. People were asking tons of questions about it, and we would do the best we could with trying to explain everything, but sometimes fans wouldn?t understand or get the real picture of what was going on. So, yes, I would say from as early on as 2005, there were issues we had to deal with, medical-wise.

[/SPOILER]

Mωρέ ας είναι όποιος θέλει παπάρας…δεν καταλαβαίνω την προσωπική επίθεση όμως.

• το ότι μέχρι το 2005 οι Loomis/Williams πληρώνονταν από τους άλλους 2 λες και ήταν sessionάδες, +το ότι ο Dane είπε ότι “ποτέ δεν τον χώνεψα τον drummer μας”, και άλλα “συν” τα οποία αφήνουν τουλάχιστον να εννοηθεί ότι ο Loomis δεν είναι o εγωιστής παπάρας που άφησε τον αθώο Warrel για να κάνει καριέρα ως guitar hero.

σε αυτό εδώ απάντησα και είπα ψάξου λίγο πριν γράψεις ό,τι να’ναι.

ρε παιδια εδω ειναι το thread για τον δισκο του jeff
οχι για το ποιος φταιει για τη διαλυση των nevermore
δεν πατε να τα πειτε σε αλλο αυτα?? νομιζω υπαρχει αλλο thread για αυτο το θεμα

NEW SONG!

Και αυτό το τραγούδι επιβεβαιώνει αυτά που έλεγα παραπάνω…boooooooooooring!!!

Ωραία ξεκίνησε η μέρα μας, αναμένουμε δισκάρα!

Ihsahn θεε!

το κομματι με Ihsahn

ανεβηκε ο δισκος στο νετ παιδες!!! http://www.psychocydd.co.uk/details.php?id=65951ee0b9539185cb4681fd4e1bbd04c4ab9247 καλες μας ακροασεις!!! :D:D:D

Δεν ξερω τι λετε αλλα ο δισκος σπέρνει, και τα κομματια με τα φωνητικά πέρα οτι τα σπανε έχουν τα κλασικά πιασαρικα ρεφραιν σαν Nevermore…

Ηδη εχει παρει πολυ καλές κριτικες απο ξένα sites

PS: Μπορω να πω οτι δεν μοιαζει πολυ με instrumental-guitar solo δισκο… Αλλιως του βγήκε στο τελος του Loomis…Καλυτερα για εμας που δεν γουσταρουμε να ακουμε μονο shredding