Queen + PR - The Cosmos Rocks

Aκριβως…ο δισκος θα κλοτσαει κωλους …

και εγώ περιμένω πολλά από αυτό το δίσκο, αλλά sorry που βρίσκω άσχημο το εξώφυλλο… Τουλάχιστον δεν πάμε για το artwork της δεκαετίας (αυτό το έχουν οι Tool εξάλλου :p)

Ξενέρωσα άγρια με το έκτρωμα που το λένε και εξώφυλλο…

Ελπίζω να μας αποζημιώσουν τα κομμάτια!

Δηλωνω οτι ειμαι ενας απο τους θερμοτερους οπαδους του κυριου Farouk Balsara(τι …ποιος;)!Προσωπικα θεωρω ιεροσυλια να συνεζιχουν οι κυριοι May kai Taylor να περιοδευουν και να κυκλοφορουν το οτιδηποτε υπο το ονομα QUEEN(δειτε τι κανουν τα μελη των Thin Lizzy)!Δικαιωνεται ο John Deacon που δεν συμμετειχε σ’αυτη την αποτυχημενη νεκρανασταση!Μαλιστα ο Deacon αποχωρησε απο τους QUEEN οταν αυτοι διαπραγματευοντουσαν να παρουν τον Robbie Williams πισω απο το μικροφωνο(πολυελεος!!!)…Τεσπα,οπως και να’χει το θεμα οταν ενας καλλιτεχνης νιωθει οτι εχει να πει κι αλλα πραγματα, μουσικα,κανει κατι διαφορετικο και δικο του και σεβεται…προπαντων!!![-(

αυτα!

FREDDIE MERCURY:RIP: 5/61946-14/11/1991
Lover Of Life…Singer Of Songs!

Ε, ναι… Ειδικά δίπλα στα εξώφυλλα των “A Night At The Opera” και “Innuendo” δεν πιάνει χαρτωσιά… Περιμένω ανυπόμονα να ακούσω… Και ελπίζω να μην το μετανιώσω…

1. Cosmos Rockin’ (4:10)
  2. Time To Shine (4:23)
  3. Still Burnin’ (4:04)
  4. Small (4:39)
  5. Warboys (3:18 )
  6. We Believe (6:08 )
  7. Call Me (2:59)
  8. Voodoo (4:27)
  9. Some Things That Glitter (4:03)
  10. C-lebrity (3:38 )
  11. Through The Night (4:54)
  12. Say It’s Not True (4:00)
  13. Surf’s Up . . . School’s Out ! (5:38 )
  14. small reprise (2:05)

Produced and performed by Brian May, Paul Rodgers and Roger Taylor

Co-produced and engineered by
Joshua J Macrae, Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson

All tracks written by Queen + Paul Rodgers

Extra backing vocals on C-lebrity: Taylor Hawkins courtesy of RCA Records

Καλα μην περιμενετε να μοιαζει με Queen, αλλωστε μιλαμε για διαφορετικο συγκροτημα. Το C-lebrity ειναι στο You tube για οσους δεν εχουν ακουσει, ενω σε μια διαφημιση στο ραδιο μπορει να ακουστει το ρεφρεν απο το Cosmos Rockin’ . :wink:

(ρε εμενα μ αρεσε το εξωφυλλο:-s)

Ο drummer των Foo Fighters :!:

Αυτό ακριβώς θέλουμε, να μη μοιάζει με Queen, αλλά να είναι κάτι φρέσκο και διαφορετικό σε σχέση με το παρελθόν 8)

(κι εμένα μ’ άρεσε!)

Το γεγονος και μόνο ότι η δισκογραφική αυτή δουλειά θα βγει κάτω από το όνομα Queen + Paul Rodgers, δειχνει πραγματικό σεβασμό στον Freddie Mercury. Ειναι οι εναπομείναντες Quenn συν ο Paul Rodgers στα φωνητικα. Ιεροσυλία θα ήταν αν το αλμπουμ εβγαινε αποκλειστικά κάτω απο το όνομα Queen. Ας την δουμε σαν μια συνεργασια (που αυτό ειναι), και όχι σαν την συνέχεια των Queen.

Η πρώτη κριτική (στα γερμανικά): http://queentour2005.wegotit.at/Cosmos_Review.pdf

Δεν περνούν οι μέρες λέμε ! ! ! !

Χθες έγινε προακρόαση στα γραφεία της ΕΜΙ στο Λονδίνο.
Ορίστε τι έγραψε κάποιος στο φόρουμ του φαν κλαμπ:

Just got back from listening to the new Queen+Paul Rodgers Album in the Boardroom of EMI’s head office in London.

The tracklisting :

Cosmos Rockin’
Time To Shine
Still Burnin’
Small
Warboys
We Believe
Call Me
Voodoo
Some Things That Glitter
C-lebrity
Through The Night
Say It’s Not True
Surf’s Up . . . School’s Out!
Small Reprise

So now for my inital thoughts / first impressions having now heard it all the way through in all its glory.

Cosmos Rockin’ is a nice opener and should go down pretty well as live track. In fact the whole album had that sort of feel to it.

The first half of the album sounds very Paul and his vocal is very prominent on all the tracks. The more Queen sound-a-like tracks appear towards the end of the album although in terms of who wrote tracks Justin, Kris and Josuha (the albums producers who did a Q&A session after the playback) said they were fairly evenly dispersed throughout the album.

The standout tracks for me were Surf’s Up!..Schools Out! which is Headlong-esque fast Paced Rocker. The ending of that track also reminded me a little of Dead on Time. No thunderclap but something more approriate to the songtitle which then flows nicely into the small reprise.

Some Things that Glitter is probably my favourite track on the album from this first play, but that may change as I get to hear the other tracks more. Also really like Through The Night great vocals from Paul and a bluesy sounding red special. We Believe is a great slow rock type song. Time to Shine is probably one of the weaker tracks but has some nice moments.

Some folks who were also at the playback commented that Voodoo is the weakest track on the album but I thought it was actually pretty good. I can see why others may consider it filler and one of the weaker tracks. It is a fairly basic track but for me the red special bluesy sound was great and I think there was a deliberate nod towards the more bluesy Hendrix songs both in Pauls vocals and Brian’s playing.

I thought Brian and Roger added a lot to Warboys. Starts off very much like the live version on Paul’s Glasgow DVD but builts up into a heavier sound as Brian and Roger stamp their mark on it.

I assume everybody has heard Say’s its Not True and C-Lebrity by now so I won’t comment on those two tracks except to say that it was a bit weird because they both really seemed to stand out amoungst the other songs for me. Not sure if that was anything to do with the mix or just the fact that I already knew them. I was not the only one there who felt that either. They fit in well wth the rest of the album though.

In fact I think as a complete album there is definitely a common sound / style that emerges throughout all the tracks, building and developing right through to the end.

I think you have to listen to the album with an open mind, and it could provide a lot of journalists and Queen fans who don’t like Paul’s music very much plenty of reasons to hate it but for me I think its definitely a grower and overtime could become a strong favourite.

Call Me is like a little intelude in the middle but I would challenge anyone to listen to it and not start tapping your feet. It has a fifties sound to it and I can see how this might have followed on from them jamming / recording the Del Shannon Runaway track. Apparently Runaway is going to be an itunes exclusive track. We did not get to hear it tonight. We did ask, but it seems no one at EMI had a CD-R to burn it onto so they could play it for us. Anyway I can look forward to hearing that one for the first time when it is offically released.

There were also quite a lot of surprise moments that got everyone in the room smiling like an appearence of the WWRY stomp,stomp,clap with a twist durning Still Burnin’, but I will leave you to discover all those for yourself.

Overall I loved the album, which has a new sound and maintains the Queen tradition of surprising and challenging their fans.

:smiley:

Ακούω και ξανακούω το c-lebrity και το ρεφρέν ρίχνει πολύ το κομμάτι,πάρα πολύ:(

Time to Shine (ενα μερος του κομματιου:))

Ok, αυτό λένε πως είναι το χειρότερο κομμάτι του δίσκου, και μου αρέσει!!! 8)

Edit: Μου αρέσει πολύ! Είναι διαφορετικό, όπως ακριβώς περίμενα / ήθελα! Θυμίζει λίγο τα ethnic του Sting στο refrain. Αν αυτό είναι το χειρότερο τραγούδι… ε ρε τι έχουμε να ακούσουμε!!! OH YEAH!

To demo απο το warboys

Αυτό έχει βγει εδώ και καιρό. Με ακουστική δε λέει τόσο, αλλά με κιθάρα May και φωνητικά από πίσω το βλέπω να απογειώνεται :wink:

Still Burnin (ποσο τα σπαει!!8) αν και στο τελος θα ανεβουν σχεδον ολα τα τραγουδια[-X)

Πω πω πω… χαμός και σε αυτό! Περισσότερο Bad Co. βέβαια, αλλά δε με χαλάει καθόλου!
Σήμερα παρήγγειλα και την cd+dvd έκδοση και το βινύλιο 8)

Μια μικρη γευση απο ολα τα κομματια…