Μικρά Νέα

SPICE AND THE RJ BAND, the new project featuring vocalist/songwriter Spice (KAISER, ex-SPIRITUAL BEGGARS) and drummer Bob Ruben (KAYSER, THE MUSHROOM RIVER BAND), will release its debut album, “The Will”, in October on Scarlet Records. According to a press release, the band “is driven by an insane passion for '70s psychedelic, soul, blues, hard rock sound that never went away.”

Commented Spice: “SPICE AND THE RJ BAND is my solo band. The ‘R’ stands for ‘Bob Ruben’ and the ‘J’ stands for ‘Johann.’ Johann is an old friend and an ex-roadie of a band I used to play with a couple of years ago. About a year ago I opened an old door which led into other doors? which I decided to walk through? What I’m trying to say is, that instead of seeking riff I wanted my fingers to play, I started to let the music lead me. No genre orientated. I just let it all come out. In all kinds of beautiful shapes.”

“The Will” track listing:

1. Pick A Rose
  2. See Ya
  3. Parallel
  4. As We Lie
  5. Don’t Tell Me
  6. Fat Snakes And Robots
  7. Hold On
  8. All I Know
  9. The Fake
  10. Like A Rose
  11. I’II Be Alright
  12. The Will

ελα ρε spice θεε, τρελανε μας…

British doom veterans ELECTRIC WIZARD have completed work on their new album, entitled “Witchcult Today”. According to the band, the CD contains “eight tracks of mind-melting occult rock.” The album will feature an “awesome chrome gatefold cover with full-color inserts exposing the sinister world of ‘witchcult today’.” Among the cuts set for inclusion on the LP is a 20-minute organ-led epic entitled “Black Magic Rituals and Perversions”.

On the subject of the studio used during the recording sessions for the new CD, the group previously said, “It’s totally authentic 60’s recording studio just like SABBATH would have recorded ? absolutley no modern shit at all. It’s a real honor to be able to record here and to work with people who understand our sound and equipment.”

οι θεοι επεστρεψαν

SHAMAN (formerly SHAAMAN) ? the revamped Brazilian band featuring drummer Ricardo Confessori alongside guitarist Leo Mancini, vocalist Thiago Bianchi and bassist Fernando Quesada ? has inked a deal with Italy’s Scarlet Records. The group’s new album, “Immortal”, is scheduled for release in November later. The track listing for the effort is as follows:

1. Renovatti
  2. Inside Chains
  3. Tribal by Blood
  4. Immortal
  5. One Life
  6. In the Dark
  7. Strenght
  8. Freedom
  9. Never Yield
  10. The Yellow Brick Road

The song “One Life” can be streamed at this location.
SHAAMAN (as the band was known prior to its split) released its sophomore album, “Reason”, in May 2005 via AFM Records. The 10-song follow-up to 2002’s “Ritual” was mixed and mastered at Heaven’s Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth, who previously worked with such acts as KAMELOT, EDGUY, RHAPSODY and FREEDOM CALL. A DVD, entitled “RituAlive”, came out in 2003.

Former SHAAMAN frontman André Matos (also ex-ANGRA) will release his debut solo album later this month.

IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson’s film about occult legend Aleister Crowley (infamous as “the wickedest man in the world”) has finally gone into production, according to Fangoria. Produced by London-based Focus Films, the movie, entitled “Chemical Wedding”, stars Simon Callow (IMDb) ? of “Amadeus”, “Shakespeare in Love” and, appropriately, “The Phantom of the Opera” ? as a Cambridge professor who becomes a reincarnation of Aleister Crowley (a role that, at various points, Malcolm McDowell and Roger Daltrey were said to be attached to); John Shrapnel, Kal Weber, Terence Bayler and Geoff Breton also star.

Crowley, who lived between 1875 and 1947, has been Bruce Dickinson’s idol for many years. The IRON MAIDEN song “Revelations” is said to refer to Crowley’s classic claim that he was the “anti-christ 666” reincarnated. In other words, the Devil himself.

Although Bruce isn’t planning a successor to his 2005 solo album “Tyranny of Souls” in the break before MAIDEN’s next summer tour, he doesn’t rule out getting together with producer/guitarist Roy Z to work on some new music for the soundtrack.

Highly respected Swedish rock band WITCHCRAFT has completed work on its new album, entitled “The Alchemist”. The much anticipated release ? the follow-up to 2005’s “Firewood” CD/LP ? will see an October 23, 2007 U.S. release via Candlelight USA under license from London, England-based independent label Rise Above Records.

WITCHCRAFT, who formed in 2000 in tribute to band heroes Roky Erickson and Bobby Liebling (PENTAGRAM), create heavy, blues-based rock augmented with touches of psychedelica and late '60s pop flourishes. The quartet’s first-class songs reference the darker side of hard rock while remaining surprisingly accessible. Flying largely under the radar of the popular music landscape previously, WITCHCRAFT is a hallowed name in underground circles and has found itself championed by a diverse cross-section of distinguished music adherents including American actor Elijah Wood, who publicly called the band “amazing,” and DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo, who has proudly proclaimed WITCHCRAFT as his “new favorite band.”

Recorded 100% pro-tools and digital free at Stockholm’s UpandRunning studios with producer Tom Hakava and using only vintage amplification, “The Alchemist” showcases a group of musicians at ease with their playing and songwriting. Addictive melodies flow simultaneously with catchy, heavy riffs, while maintaining a relaxed and laid back feel throughout. Among its many highlights, the album features the standout songs “Walk Between the Lines” and “Hey Doctor” as well as the record’s plat du jour, the three-part progressive rock odyssey of the title track “The Alchemist”. The album’s eye-catching cover art can be viewed at this location.

An advance listen to what WITCHCRAFT’s new album holds in store is available now as the record’s smashing lead track “Walk Between the Lines” has been posted online at this location. Written in a hotel room in Seattle during the fall of 2006 and evoking the spirit of the many early Seventies British bands which have colored the WITCHCRAFT sound; “Walk Between The Lines”, according to guitarist John Hoyles, came together simply because he “wanted to write a short up-tempo song in the old classic rock vein.” He adds, “I think it has an early WISHBONE ASH, STRAY or INCREDIBLE HOG vibe to it. Or that?s what I wanted it to sound like.” Described by frontman Magnus Pelander as being “essentially about not losing yourself and reminding yourself what you enjoy in life”, “Walk Between the Lines” was the first track the band recorded as part of the album’s sessions and its basic tracks were nailed on the second take.

“The Alchemist” track listing:

1. Walk Between the Lines
  2. If Crimson Was Your Colour
  3. Leva
  4. Hey Doctor
  5. Samaritan Burden
  6. Remembered
  7. The Alchemist (parts 1, 2 & 3)

WITCHCRAFT will tour the U.S. in support of “The Alchemist” this fall, with details expected to be announced in the immediate future.

πηγες: blabbermouth

μαθατε τι εγινε με τους biomechanical?
O Ελληνας αρχηγος της μπαντας John K. τους εδιωξε ολους:-k :-k :-k …ημαρτον

BIOMECHANICAL frontman John K. (a.k.a. Yiannis Koutselinis) has commented on the departures of Jamie Hunt (guitar), Chris Webb (guitar) and Jon Collins (bass).

In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today, Webb said, “John K. from BIOMECHANICAL has given remaining band members Jamie Hunt, Chris Webb and Jon Collins an ultimatum to stay or go. Jamie, Jon and Chris said they didn?t want to go into the politics of it all, but after a heated debate broke out John K. made the decision that BIOMECHANICAL was no longer going to be known as a band, but known as a John K. project, leaving Jamie, Chris and Jon as unpaid session musicians.”

After reading Webb?s remarks regarding the split in the group?s ranks, John K. has issued the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"I didn?t want this situation to come to this.

"There is a long history of unpleasant feelings but I never thought that these guys would go so low and attack me publicly.

"I can say a lot of things that could hurt their reputation but I am not going to. I feel, though, that I have to explain myself to all the fans who have embraced BIOMECHANICAL.

"Right from the beginning when I picked each musician for BIOMECHANICAL I explained myself that this was my baby. They all knew what the score was. However, I was always open to suggestions and input.

"I have to make clear now that I have written, arranged recorded and co-produced all the music for BIOMECH. Artistic direction, lyrical content direction-wise, Internet content, guitar solo direction, record label relationships were all done by me. I never asked for any recognition for all this. All I asked was for them to at least respect some decisions that I had to make as a band leader

"I told the guys the band was going to become a project as I was ferociously attacked over my decision to not do the SIKTH gigs due to the fact that the workload for the new album ?Cannibalised? was way too heavy for me and I was clearly going to get ill. It was a simple decision: album or four gigs.

"I was continuously attacked and cornered to commit into something I couldn?t do and on top of this I was told that they outvoted me to go and perform without a singer (which, as far as I am concerned, is highly unprofessional unless there is a second singer in the band or enough instrumentals to cover a set). I had no other choice than to tell them this will now be a project on my terms so that I wouldn?t have to be subjected to any other attacks again.

"I have to thank the guys for leaving the band as they made some decisions a lot easier for me and for the record I never asked anybody to be an unpaid session musician.

"BIOMECHANICAL will not be a project, as I am now looking for band members.

"I am pleased to say I have a drummer Jonno Lodge and I am now looking for the rest of the guys to get BIOMECH on the road after the album will be released.

“Again, really sorry the other members of the band stooped so low, but believe it or not, I still wish them good luck.”

BIOMECHANICAL?s new CD, “Cannibalised”, is due to be released early 2008 via Earache Records.

πρωτον ο τζων κ. τα γραφει ολα. no big deal.

δευτερον, πηραν ηδη κιθαριστα. ενα παλικαρι απο τη λαρισα αν δε κανω λαθος. τον ειχα πετυχει τυχαια πιο παλια.

α και τριτον δε νομιζω να επηρρεαστει το στουντιακο αποτελεσμα απο το ολο θεμα της αποχωρησης :slight_smile: don’t worry :slight_smile:

Νομίζω ότι είμαι πανελλήνια πρωτοτυπία. Μόλις τώρα έμαθα ότι στους Biomechanical υπάρχουν έλληνες από πίσω.

Τσέκαρε και τους Deceptor με τη πρώτη ευκαιρία να δείς το “alter ego” του Kουτσελίνη (aka John K)

θα τους τσεκαρω…
ο John K. μου αρεσε και στο Heathen Machine των Balance of Power…τους εχεις ακουσει δαυτους?:-k

Βασικά το πόστ το έγραψα για τον panagiotis αλλά με ένα σμπάρο δυό τρυγώνια! Το Heathen Machine είναι αρκετά καλό, αν και λίγο πίσω σε σχέση με τα albums στα οποία τραγουδά ο Lance King.

Καλά ο Bruce έχει κόλλημα με τον Κράουλι…Έλεος πια…Page,Ozzy,Bruce τον λατρεύουν τον τύπο…Ενώ αυτός ήταν φουλ σαταναραίος…Μου τα χαλάνε λίγο εδώ αλλά τέσπα…

καλα, το οτι αντλουν εμπνευση απ’αυτον δεν παει να πει οτι τον λατρευουν κιολας, η οτι συμφωνουν με τις αποψεις του. και οι Priest θα βγαλουν album για τον Νοστραδαμο, δεν σημαινει κατι αυτο.

Ο Χαλφορδς ειναι σατανιστης…

.-

…και gay.

κι έχει χτυπήσει τατού στο κρανίο.:stuck_out_tongue:

Μπορεί να μην τον λατρεύουν αλλά ντάξει.Τόσοι σπουδαίοι φιλόσοφοι υπάρχουν τον Κράουλι βρήκε να τιμήσει?:roll:
Το Mr.Crowley πάντως συνουσιάζει και βιαιοπραγεί.Ειδικά με το βιμπράτο και το τέμπο του Ζακκ.:stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Ρε ρε μην ακουω βλακειες ρε Randy ρε.

και λιγα με τον χαλφορντ.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ρε τι λετε ρεε Jake lee ρε!:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Randy και μετα Zakk

πηγη μπλαμπερμαουθ:

Former THE GATHERING Singer To Guest On New AYREON CD

AYREON, the brainchild of Dutch guitarist/composer Arjen Lucassen, has posted an audio sample of the next guest singer who will appear on the the band’s upcoming album, tentatively due late 2007/early 2008: former THE GATHERING singer Anneke van Giersbergen, who now fronts her newly formed band AGUA DE ANNIQUE. Other vocalists scheduled to appear on the CD include Jonas P. Renske (KATATONIA), Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN), Tom S. Englund (EVERGREY), Ty Tabor (KING’S X), Magali Luyten (VIRUS IV), Simone Simons (EPICA) and Liselotte Hegt (DIAL). A total of fifteen singers have been confirmed to guest on the album, with more to be added.

AYREON’s last CD, “Ayreon: The Human Equation”, was released in 2004. It contained guest appearances by a number of acclaimed vocalists, including James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER), Mike Baker (SHADOW GALLERY), Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH), Eric Clayton (SAVIOUR MACHINE), Devon Graves (DEADSOUL TRIBE, ex-PSYCHOTIC WALTZ) and Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD).

καλα το πάει…

PRIMORDIAL Frontman: New Album Is ‘Done And Dusted’

Vocalist Nemtheanga of the Irish dark metal masters PRIMORDIAL has posted the following update on the group’s official web site:

"So the [new PRIMORDIAL] album [‘To the Nameless Dead’] bar the mastering is done and dusted. We have to extend our utmost gratitude to Chris Fielding, who performed above and beyond the call of duty with the least amount of fuss any of us have ever encountered in the studio. And I think when the scene hears the rich, powerful, full and old-school sound from the album he is going to become much in demand. And why not??secondly also gratitude to Dave, who made us feel more then welcome in the valleys and I think added some small part of spiritual presence to proceedings. We will be back.

"So yes, you read it, the album contains seven new tracks and near 55 minutes of new PRIMORDIAL, and yes, we know all bands say this, but I can honestly say we have never been happier with how an album sounds. It is as I stated rich and powerful, it has a real fucking drum sound and you can smell the amps burning into overdrive. And as a singer I can say Chris pushed me further then I’ve been before with the vocals and stark sound from the last album has been replaced with something far more immediate and effective. And the songs? To our ears at least this album sounds more focused, there is less flab on the songs. They are more direct in their intentions and there is a defiant vibe to the album that I for one did not expect but there it is in all its shameless glory. Fans of the band won’t be disappointed that is for sure. The mainstream might take notice or they might not. Who gives a fuck? We certainly don’t. Album number six and no compromise?not then, not now, not ever.

"Our show at Party.San Open Air [festival in Germany] was a solid seven outta ten but I think having been up all night the night previous to be at Dublin airport at 5 am really robbed us of a lot of our punch. Not to mention being picked up at 5 am the following morning to wait 14 hours in the airport. Sometimes in my most zombified moments I wonder is it all worth it, but then again I also think I’ve seen demons when I’ve had four hours sleep in three days. Tells its own story, really. Anyway, zombies and demons be damned we will be back. We are confirmed for the Arnhem Metal Meeting in the Netherlands and also the Winterfest in Cork. First time in Arnhem in three years I think and Cork in five or six?.

“So the day draws nearer. The artwork is being finalized and the branding irons are in the fire.”

“To the Nameless Dead” will be released in Europe on November 24 via Metal Blade Records. The first edition will contain a limited live disc recorded at the Rock Hard Festival in a lavish book format.

μαλλον ξερω που θα ειμαι το πρωι της 24ης νοεμβρη… :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Συμπέρασμα: Τα καινούρια Ayreon και Primordial θα σπέρνουν… Που σημαίνει ότι είσαι Off-Topic γιατί δεν είναι νέο αυτό, το ξέραμε ήδη! :stuck_out_tongue:

JUDAS PRIEST were honoured by Kerrang! last night who presented them with their top award - the HALL OF FAME!!

The whole band attended the Awards ceremony and received a standing ovation when they went up to collect the award!! We’d like to thank everyone at Kerrang! for this and for making it a great night!!

MOURNING BELOVETH Preparing To Record New Album

Irish doom titans MOURNING BELOVETH have issued the following update:

“We are set to record [the new MOURNING BELOVETH album] in Studio E in Germany from October 1st to 14th, bring it home and then master it. Four songs complete at the moment and three more in the pipeline. Titles include ‘The Burning Man’, ‘Primeval Rush’ and ‘The Sickness’. Another labyrinthine journey through some torturous doom as the album should have a running time over an hour. . . As regards touring, plans are forming through our booking agent and previous bass player, Adrian through Lugga and we should be heading out for a week at the end of March.”

MOURNING BELOVETH’s last CD, “A Murderous Circus”, came out in 2005.

παμε ρε αρρωστια!

THERION Side-Project DEMONOID Working On New Material

DEMONOID, the Swedish old-school death/thrash metal project featuring THERION members Kristian Niemann (guitar) and Johan Niemann (bass) along with former SOILWORK/CHIMAIRA drummer Richard Evensand, is working on material for its second full-length CD, tentatively due next year. “The writing for the new album is going quite well…it will crush,” says Kristian. “Of course. Imagine a 100-ton block of concrete falling on your nutsack (or head, if you’re a girl)…that’s how much it will crush!!! Now if you don’t have: a) a nutsack, nor b) a head, well then…you just have to take my word for it!”

In other news, DEMONOID has secured the services of a new vocalist following the departure of THERION’s Christofer Johnsson, who sang on the group’s debut, 2004’s “Riders of the Apocalypse”. Although the band has yet to reveal the new frontman’s identity, “I think you will all agree it’s a pretty good choice,” says Kristian. “We’re very fortunate to have him. In fact, I wet myself every night just thinking about it. The man, the myth, the legend…”

According to the band’s official bio, “the musical concept of DEMONOID is not symphonic metal like THERION; in fact, the band strived to go back in time and create a fresh and challenging combination of basically old school death and violent thrash metal elements, also mingled with a touch of modern black metal. Both Kristian and Johan have gotten into the more brutal forms of metal quite lately and some of their references are CRADLE OF FILTH and DIMMU BORGIR, while Christofer, having been the growler of THERION in earlier days, has extended knowledge of the thrash and death scene from late '80s and early '90s. Thus bands like SLAYER and BATHORY as well as all the old-school death metal bands from those the early times rank among his main references. Those facts create a very interesting combination, featuring Kristian’s more than awesomely awesome guitar work, Christofer’s by far best vocal performances up to now, Richard’s insanely powerful and technical kick-ass drumming and Johan’s crushing, inventive, heavy-as-a-brick-on-your-scrotum bass lines.”

πηγη μπλαμπερμαουθ.

Δυαληθηκαν οι Mendeed!:frowning:

Ξερω οτι δεν ενδιαφερει κανεναν εδω αλλα νταξει…

Mendeed have regrettably broken up due to irreconcilable difference with our manager, we would like to thank all of our fans for believing in us and helping us get as far as we did. I really wish things would have turned out different for us. Thanks to everyone that had faith in us, we’ll miss you all.