Αγαπημένοι Ηλεκτρονικοί Δίσκοι Των 90's (Finish The Sympathy)

το πλεειντ δεν θα το σχολιασουμε; :stuck_out_tongue:

προτιμώ το rest proof clockwork.8)

απλά ο δίσκος του fatboy slim είναι πολύ σημαντικός και δεν είχε αναφερθεί καθόλου μέχρι στιγμής.

Εχει ηδη αναφερθει εδω μεσα (παιχταρα ποστ-ντιτζιταλ , επελεξες δισκαρες!!!)

αλλα ηθελα να αναψω κ εγω ενα κερακι για το μεγαλειο αυτου του δισκου

παρτε κ μια ωραια κριτικη…

A long, long time ago there was a channel called MTV, which stood for Music Television. That channel is still around today, but to suggest they still play music videos is both silly and inaccurate. However, over a decade ago, MTV had a late night show dedicated to electronic music videos called Amp.

Amp was largely responsible for introducing me to many of the electronic music artists that I would go on to love. I first heard Orbital’s “The Box” on the program. It was where I discovered DJ Shadow after they showed the video for his classic single “Midnight In A Perfect World”, and it was where I got my first taste of The Future Sound Of London, the British duo of Garry Cobain and Brian Dougans, in the form of “We Have Explosive” - a grinding, pulsating, visceral tune with a siren-like keyboard, funky chicken-scratch guitars, a ferocious, mind-blowing drum pattern, layers of buzzing noises, and a shouted vocal sample from Run DMC’s “Tougher Than Leather”, among other things.

It was a life-changing experience.

FSOL are considered one of the most influential acts in the history of electronic music. Known largely for their complex ambient works, Dead Cities took things in a different direction - creating a new and disturbing sound that could best be described as musical schizophrenia. Loud, aggressive, and oftentimes downright frightening, Dead Cities is FSOL’s masterwork - an album for the ages that changed my perceptions of music in general. It was one of the first electronic music records I ever purchased, one of the first I remember loving all the way through, and it remains one of the best over twelve years later.

Stretching far out from their earlier ambient works, Dead Cities is often chaotic and cacophonous. It’s tough to make sense of it at first, for it assaults your senses so relentlessly that it may actually force you to turn it off. It’s true - Dead Cities sounds every bit as disturbing as its cover art makes it seem, but if you stick with it you’ll find one of the most rewarding musical experiences ever pressed to CD.

For despite the chilling, sinister title track or the classic “We Have Explosive”, there are moments of frailty and beauty. The haunting multi-layered vocals of “Everyone In The World Is Doing Something Without Me”, juxtaposed against animalistic growls and a mournful backdrop, or the rolling pianos, woodwinds, and string stabs of “Max” provide interludes to the madness before the hiss-like drums and electronics of “Antique Toy” or the static, buzzes, and manic drum and bass of “Quagmire” give way to its slower, watery second half, “In A State Of Permanent Abyss”.

FSOL tackle and mesh ambient, techno, drum & bass and breakbeat (before the term had even been coined, really) with ease. Dead Cities retains the highly experimental quality of their earlier works. The extensive use of samples, swooshing sounds, grating noises that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, and the use of some traditional but heavily masked instruments are all still here, but the album has a faster pace than much of their previous material. There’s a distinctly dystopian quality to it, painting the bleak picture implied by the album’s title.

Of course, it’s not for everyone. Dead Cities is certainly an album that challenges and requires the listener to have an open mind, but there are those who simply won’t get it or will dismiss it as little more than noise. For those who can appreciate the complexities it offers, however, it will undoubtedly be a record that sticks with you; calling you to return to it time and time again to discover new facets in its multitextured sound. For me, Dead Cities was one of the first records that showed me music outside of the boundaries of the mainstream; outside of the traditional structure of popular music.

There’s no question this is a dark, disturbing album, and it will stick with you for better or worse - whether you really want it to or not. However, in my humble opinion, one of the most important qualities of any work of art is its ability to make you think. Dead Cities did just that - it made me think about what music is, what classifies it as such, and what it could be if we let go of our preconceptions. Do yourself a favor: forget what you thought you knew about music, turn your speakers up as loud as they will go, and prepare yourself for the journey that lies ahead. It won’t always be pretty, but you just may learn a thing or two.

http://p1start.typepad.com/media_junkie/2009/01/essential-albums-the-future-sound-of-london-dead-cities.html#more

[SIZE=“4”]ΤΕΡΑΣΤΙΟ ΑΛΜΠΟΥΜ[/SIZE]

Ασπάζομαι αυτήν την άποψη.
Λίγο έχω ακούσει και εντάξει…
Πάω να συνεχίσω!

Alec Empire - Generation Star Wars

και δειγμα
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMU9w_-aR8

απλα κορυφαιο αλμπουμ.

Προχειρο Top-8 διχως σειρα

Massive Attack - Protection
Tricky - Maxinquaye
Hooverphonic - A new stereophonic sound spectacular
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Red Snapper - Prince Blimey
Archive - Londinium
Future Sound Of London - Dead Cities
Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman

Θα μπορουσα να χα βαλει αλλα 2 να το κανω 10αδα (πχ dummy/in sides)

αλλα αυτα τα 8 ειναι αυτα που στο μυαλο μου ειναι τα τοπ σε επιπεδο αγαπης (δεν λεω ποιοτητας ε)

Οι 8 σαμουραι.

edit : ξεχασα δισκαρα που δεν την εχω δει εδω , οποτε ευκαιρια να ποσταριστει

οσοι προσκυνατε portishead/dummy για καθιστε κ ακουστε το μια…

@horror

σου ευχομαι να βγαλεις καποια τοσο ομορφη κ τοσο ταλαντουχα σαν την goldfrapp φιλε (και εγω δλδ )

Craig Armstrong - The Space Between Us (1997)

Αν και δεν υπακούει στις τυπικές ηλεκτρονικές συμβάσεις, εντούτοις ο δίσκος προσεγγίζει την αισθητική του ηλεκτρονικού ήχου - κυκλοφόρησε εξάλλου στην εταιρία των Massive Attack, την Melankolic. Δεν έχω πολλά να πω για αυτό το album, παρά μόνο ότι με συντροφεύει ανελλιπώς από τον Νοέμβρη του '97 μέχρι και σήμερα και ότι αποτελεί έναν από τους 20 αγαπημένους μου δίσκους.
Υγ. Όσοι τυχεροί το προμηθεύτηκαν τους πρώτους μήνες της κυκλοφορίας του, πιθανολογώ πως γοητεύονται ακόμη από το περίτεχνο artwork και την προσεγμένη συσκευασία.

Πάντα αγαπημένος.

μαζί σου.από τους καλύτερους ηλεκτρονικούς δίσκους, των 00’s όμως.:stuck_out_tongue:
και ναι, η goldfrapp ακόμη και στα 44 της παραμένει έρωτας…:roll:
+1 για robert miles, και επίσης δεν έχω ακούσει τον craig armstrong, αλλά η περιγραφή του cato με έψησε.

mentioned.

All Seeing I - Pickled Eggs and Sherbet

Δεν ξερω αν εχει προαναφερθει και βαριεμαι η δεν εχω χρονο να το ψαξω… μοναδικο σι ντι απο αυτο το γκρουπ8)

εχεις δικιο , ειναι του 2000

ενθουσιαστηκα τοσο πολυ χθες που το ξαναβαλα μετα απο καιρο που ουτε χρονια τσεκαρα ουτε τπτ :stuck_out_tongue:

μλκ ειναι δισκαρα.δλδ λενε ολοι πχ για το dummy…νταξ παιδια , καλο το dummy

αλλα ειναι κλα-ψο-μου-νι-κο.ειναι.

ενω το felt mountain…δεν ξερω πως να το χαρακτηρισω

εχει τριπχοπ
εχει νταρκ
εχει αερινο φιλινγκ
εχει λιγο απο βολτα σε δασος το βραδυ
εχει λιγο ανωμαλια
εχει λιγο αρρωστια

ακους τη φωνη κ μετα βλεπεις μια φατσουλα κ λες…wtf ???8O

ειναι δισκαρα.για μενα καλυτερο του νταμι.ισως επειδη εκει που το νταμι ειναι κλαψομουνικο κ ‘μαυρο’ το felt mountain ειναι ψυχακικο/noir/αρρωστο

(ποιο αξιζει αποτα υπολοιπα 4 που εχουν βγαλει ? εχεις ακουσει κανενα? πες…τζαμπα ειναι.)

βέβαια, από τη στιγμή που δεν είσαι του dummy, μπορείς να βρείς όλα αυτά που ζητάς και εδώ:

τώρα αν θες να ακούσεις κάποιο άλλο από goldfrapp, θα σου πρότεινα το “supernature”.η αλήθεια είναι όμως πως μετά το “felt mountains” πήγαν πολύ προς την pop.και εκτός του “supernature” δεν το έκαναν και τόσο καλά.τσέκαρε π.χ το Rocket (κλικ) από το δίσκο που κυκλοφόρησαν φέτος.μέτριο.
σε ένα thread πάντως για τα ηλεκτρονικά 00’s πρέπει να βρίσκονται στο εισαγωγικό post.

οπως ειπα κ πιο πανω ,τζαμπα ειναι να τα τσεκαρω.

κατεβασα σε φλακ τα επομενα 3.του πουστη, 1/3 θα αξιζει να κρατηθει στον σκληρο.

Το felt mountain ειναι κα-τα-πλη-κτι-κος δισκος.

(εσυ ειδικα με κανα 30αρικο μωρο , σε βλεπω να κανεις παρτυ με αυτο το δισκο 8) )

το supernature είναι δισκάρα και θα σου αρέσει σίγουρα.από εκεί και έπειτα, περί ορέξεως…

κρύβε λόγια…:–
(ή βασικά γιατί όχι και με την ίδια την alison?8))

over my dead body , mister !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s on…:lightsabre:8)

αν και τώρα που το ξανασκέφτομαι, καλό μίλφ, αλλά τελικά θα προτιμήσω την geike arnaert των hooverphonic.:wink:

The Bug- Tapping The Conversation

οτι εχετε βαλει ειναι καταπληκτικα…

εχω ιδιατερη αδυναμια στους Morcheeba…

ενα ονομα που θυμαμαι και δεν εχω ακουσει ολοκληρωμενο αλμπουμ αλλα κομματια απο εδω και απο εκει ειναι οι

KRUDER & DORFMEISTER.

αν εχετε να προτεινετε κατι τωρα που τους θυμηθηκα…